What's new

Newbie - Shavette

I don’t really pay much attention to my grip lol, I just do whatever comes naturally in the moment. I do find my thumb and pointer inching closer to the holder sometimes. Most often I use a grip similar to @Seveneighth though.

I use a DX and while I like the idea of @Fabi pink SS grip for better control, I most often use a grip like @Seveneighth on his green SS. The biggest issue is that on certain areas of the face fat fingers can get in the way of maintaining proper blade angle without getting caught up in lather, forcing one to move their grip further away from the cutting head. The SS which allows steeper shaving angles should help in that regard.

The biggest issue is that on certain areas of the face fat fingers can get in the way of maintaining proper blade angle without getting caught up in lather, forcing one to move their grip further away from the cutting head.

Hahaha - tell me about it! As I have got older, fatter and more jowly, it has become harder to get my fat fingers out of the way! Add to this shaving by switching hands means I think I have worse technique than when I was 20. Lighter hair growth, sleeker features meant I could dance my razor across my face on fewer passes without even thinking about it. These days it's more of a series of negotiations with my face...

M

member 119848

Hi guys,
first minor cut with the shavette today.
Actually it was my first shave with the newly received Dovo Shavette.
The whole shave went smooth. But at the end, after applying some aftershave I noticed some remaining hair under my nose. I thought to myself "unacceptable!" so I reapplied some lather in this area and shaved it. I gave myself a bloody nose...
The ProGuard must have protected me since I have been using the Feather SS. I´m at 8 shaves with this blade and everything´s fine.
The Dovo is however less forgiving. It shaves good, but I do prefer the feel and ergonomics of the Feather.
4C802D4C-3566-4072-AFE8-0EC2ABD06222.jpeg

I would suggest to learn with the shavette you feel more in control.

Personally I have two shavettes, but I chose the Universal shavette, as I can control better the blade with it. I felt in love with the shavette, when I discovered how to shave under the nose area, using sort of two hands style.

Sorry to hear Fabi!

It’s bound to happen occasionally. You’re right though, DE blade shavettes are quite a bit less forgiving and much more rigid. Something that may help is learning how to round or blunt the corners of the blade, those corners are what get a lot of folks.

M

member 119848

Don´t be sorry Chris, it belongs to the learning curve. I needed to know where the limit is.
Update: @albsat, you´re wise. I went back to my Feather SS and I enjoyed the control. I don ´t like the Dovo so I'll pif it some day.
This time I loaded the SS with a SUPER Pro on @Seveneighth ´s advice, and my french just expressed itself quite loudly: "Ohlala... Aïe-aïe-aïe!" is that what you call the "dark side" ??? Thanks for bringing me there.
I got a nick on my cheek but that´s not the point. My face reminded me of my 3-year old sons when ai kiss them! I applied some talc afterwards and my skin looked like a baby. Incredible.

Don´t be sorry Chris, it belongs to the learning curve. I needed to know where the limit is.
Update: @albsat, you´re wise. I went back to my Feather SS and I enjoyed the control. I don ´t like the Dovo so I'll pif it some day.
This time I loaded the SS with a SUPER Pro on @Seveneighth ´s advice, and my french just expressed itself quite loudly: "Ohlala... Aïe-aïe-aïe!" is that what you call the "dark side" ??? Thanks for bringing me there.
I got a nick on my cheek but that´s not the point. My face reminded me of my 3-year old sons when ai kiss them! I applied some talc afterwards and my skin looked like a baby. Incredible.

proxy.php

We share the wisdom found in this forum. Glad that you found back your satisfaction in using a shavette.

Glad you resurrected this thread. It is very informative and, in true B&B fashion, caused me to go out and buy an SS, which arrived yesterday. Looking forward to trying out all the tips contained herein!

Top Bottom