What's new

Newbie Check-in

Hi folks,
I'd like to introduce myself.
First of all, as I'm German, my language skills are not on an native speaker level (of course). So please don't blame me for misspelling/gramma :001_smile
That said, this forum might be a good opportunity to improve my English.

My name is Oliver (38) living in northern Germany and I've been always a wetshaver.
I started my shaving career with a Mach3, Wikinson boar brush and Palmolive SC (my father's setup). But as long I can remember, I'm a knive-guy 😁
When I was 16 years old, I went to a Zwilling (Twin Works) factory store to buy a straight (and a paddle strop). A Friodur 5/8" 50 1/2.
Knowing nothing I started to shave with that (not really shave ready) razor for a couple of time. It was fun (to be honest could be better).
But without such things like forums (or the internet we know today) it was hard to find propper infos and I switched back to carts (still with brush and SC; never used a can :nono:).

Around 6 years ago, I tried that Friodur again. An since then, I stuck in the rabbit hole 😝
Beeing also active in german shaving forums, the hole shaving-universe have become a hobby to me.
Collecting straights, honing and restoring them, making new scales and my own brushes or cooking soaps. It's a satisfying micro cosmos.

Wish you all a nice day
Welcome to B&B !

Top Bottom