What's new

New Yaqi synth, codename "Atlantis"

Well, some days ago I spotted a new offering on their Aliexpress store but it looks like nobody of my fellow shavers here on B&B seem to have noticed:

The new (at last!) Yaqi Atlantis

proxy.php

The knot looks like a Yaqi iteration of the "G4" fibers. I've recently tried two brushes from two Chinese competitor and all I can say these fibers have a lot of backbone still retaining very soft tips.

The measurements:
Knot: 24mm (approx.)
Loft: 55mm (approx.)

The handle is very nice and it's made of dark blue and clear resin with sand, a seashell and some kind of seaweed inside. The nice touch is the coin embedded on the base of the handle, a first for Yaqi brushes. The coin represents a gear with a slighty different "Yaqi professional shaving" writing (VS "Yaqi professional brush").
proxy.php

Currently it's selling at $20.68 (or €17,77) + Free shipping, but you know, prices often fluctuate with Yaqi.
It does look like a very nice brush and I'm sure I will pull the trigger sooner or later.

If this is, in fact, G4-like, would be tempting. I’d like to read some reviews first.

They have also released one with lower loft in a white marble Chubby-esque handle.

That looks very cool. I wish more brushmakers did interesting handles like this.

The coin at the bottom looks like a blatant rip-off of Spiffo, but what can you do...

151A980E-D4B7-4162-BA13-93DFE6D7BB64.jpeg

If this is, in fact, G4-like, would be tempting. I’d like to read some reviews first.

They have also released one with lower loft in a white marble Chubby-esque handle.

Yes, I saw that too, that one is called "Everest". Taking model pictures of a white-handled brush against a white background wasn't a brilliant idea from Yaqi, I can barely distinguish the brush from the background. It surely has a more traditional look even if I'm not particularly fond of the marbled look. As far as the lower loft it may be a better option, it all depends on density and glue bump. These two factors may cause the loft to be "unsplayable".

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I ordered that brush on the weekend and like the handle idea and I like that knot in the 2 band synthetic knot Plissoft style, I already have had one for 4 years ago(Plissoft). Turtleship shave brushes have used different materials in their handles for a lot of their brushes for years and that made me want one. I have the yaqi lucky dice handle and like it a lot(good for big hands). I think you will see a lot of these types of brush handles in the future IMO.

Last edited:
Real life Sea-Monkeys...
proxy.php

Imagine the disappointment of thousands of children from the 70's expecting trainable swimming monkeys when they received some baby shrimps.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Real life Sea-Monkeys...
proxy.php

Imagine the disappointment of thousands of children from the 70's expecting trainable swimming monkeys when they received some baby shrimps.

Yeah, they were just brine shrimp.

🤔 However. Set in the handle of a brush... Swimming in tiny circles... Very relaxing as you try to decide on a soap.

Same mail order place would sell you an ant farm, too.

AA

Top Bottom