What's new

New Yaqi Slant

Yaqi will sell this beautiful slant razor at the end of the month.

Tentative name: Mellon Ares.
The top cap is a little wider than normal to cover the ends of the razor blade.
In the video what they call "charcoal chrome" finish. It looks quite good to me.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Courtesy Refineriadecaballeros

Last edited:
Wow! I have to admit it is an original design. At first I could not see where it slanted until I saw that slightly torqued base plate. Combed top cap should be interesting. Will they sell this on their Aliexpress site?

Fatip better hurry with theirs, or at least show us a pic like Yaqi did.

Wow! I have to admit it is an original design. At first I could not see where it slanted until I saw that slightly torqued base plate. Combed top cap should be interesting. Will they sell this on their Aliexpress site?

Fatip better hurry with theirs, or at least show us a pic like Yaqi did.

No idea if they will at first provide their big clients first (see the RR SLOC) then sell them as their own on Aliexpress

I like the OC on the cap design, unique for a slant. Will be looking for this at the end of the month.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Zamac. Steel handle. $27.89 + shipping.

Your guess is as good as mine. Maybe better. Wanna play?

Zamak head, brass or aluminum handle. I guess they will sell the complete razor around $22-$30 depending on the finish and the shape/material of the handle and $5-$7 for the head alone.

Let us hope!

Last night I talked with customer support on Alibaba (Mrs. Alisa Wu) and she confirmed all their razors are molded zinc alloy heads and they offer two different material handles. Light (Aluminum) or Heavy (Brass).
Bad news:
- No stainless steel
- She couldn't confirm a release date for the Mellon Ales (Slant)
Good news:
- Prices in the $18.00-$30.00 range for retail
- They sell the the zamak replacement heads only (usually as low as $3 but she wasn't able to tell how much for the slant)
- They have more new models coming out

If their razors are as good as their brushes, then this will definitely not be disappointing.

I have their "cobbled" and it's the same as the Maggards V3A and their Mellon is sold (actually cheaper) by RazoRock (with RR proprietary SS handles) as the SLOC. Yaqi razor handles are solid brass and that is a big plus in my book. I prefer them over SS (too heavy).

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Last night I talked with customer support on Alibaba (Mrs. Alisa Wu) and she confirmed all their razors are molded zinc alloy heads and they offer two different material handles. Light (Aluminum) or Heavy (Brass).
Bad news:
- No stainless steel
- She couldn't confirm a release date for the Mellon Ales (Slant)
Good news:
- Prices in the $18.00-$30.00 range for retail
- They sell the the zamak replacement heads only (usually as low as $3 but she wasn't able to tell how much for the slant)
- They have more new models coming out

Good post. Great and helpful information. I knew SS wasn't a Yaqi thing, but that doesn't mean they couldn't get into it down the road.

My R41 is Zamac. Just saying. My SLOC, too. Great razors.

Still, if Fatip can make brass razors...

Top Bottom