What's new

New WCS Jojoba Shave Creams

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Got an email today about these...

Newest Wet Shaving Products | FREE Shipping at West Coast Shaving

What's interesting to me is that there are relatively few ingredients and Glycerine is last on the list. I'm not a big fan of glycerine loaded creams so I'll be interested to sample this new offering. These new creams are made by Caties Bubbles for WCS.

Size: 4 oz

Ingredients: Stearic Acid, Water, Coconut Oil, Potassium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Jojoba Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lactate and Glycerin

Price: About $15

WCS also released new duck fat shave soaps along with these creams that is made for WCS by Oleo Soapworks.

Last edited:
The creams start at $15.18 and the soaps are $17.58. I have already purchased 4 of the soaps. The soaps are made by Oleo Soapworks.

A quick pic on the shave creams from WCS. Both exhibit above average scent strength. Shave to come in a bit. Chypre is up....

A1E22D76-FEAE-46D4-8444-3C661639CD2F.jpeg

Just got done with my shave and I have to say that the WCS shave cream was pretty darn good. A nice citrus, flowery and sweet scent that reminds me a bit of Chatillon Lux/Declaration Grooming rendering of Y/R/P, only not as sharp just smoother and a tad bit sweeter. A really nice summer scent. An a/s splash would be great with the soap/cream. The consistency of the cream is more of a croap but, on the softer side of it. Real easy to scoop out a thumbnails worth and place it into my bowl.

EF4753B3-A1E4-46F0-AF85-EB31C49B75D6.jpeg

B8B0FE9D-12E8-4AE0-BBA7-8DE5D7620633.jpeg

Once I spread it around on the bottom, I began my lather building....... this was about 10-15 seconds of swirling and agitation.

73F3D529-AA1A-4588-8741-857678C8F634.jpeg

Added a few more drops of water and continued building for about 15-20 seconds...

C481356F-49B3-48D4-B9C2-335F8E75F0CA.jpeg

As you can see, the lather was starting to build quite quickly with a nice creaminess starting to form.... I added a few more drops of water and continued for about 15-20 seconds more...

3764BB36-7D3D-4538-9C76-908243FAACC2.jpeg

And voila! A nice, thick and creamy lather in about a minutes worth of bowl lathering. The scent really comes through nicely at this stage....
FE2500C8-F6B2-4D68-8822-AEB1AFEF8E64.jpeg

The cream actually took some water and held very well with a very nice consistency and good looking peaks.....

05A565CF-3385-4B5D-87A2-C112C0A162D2.jpeg

The shave went well with good glide, protection and slickness. Residual was just a tad bit less than what I’m accustomed too but, a quick wet of the fingers and the residual slickness was there. The scent is really nice and just lingers throughout the whole shave. The Misses even walked in and took a few long whiffs, she likes. 3 passes and it was damn near BBS, short of the Adam’s Apple area. Always a tough spot for me but, I called it there and finished up.

Not a bad first time outing with the WCS brand cream. If I would have to say there is something a bit lacking, I would say it’s the post shave feel. It’s not what I’m used too as compared to WK, GD, B&M, WSP, DG, & Shannon’s. Don’t get me wrong, my face feels good and hydrated but I’m missing that soft suppleness and moisturizing effect that I get from the others mentioned. Still, it was very acceptable. Perhaps I’m just used to and prefer a Tallow based soap product as I enjoy the benefits that it provides for my skin. All in all, not to bad at all honestly. Besides, the scent is sooooo good.

The Oriental will be next for tomorrow’s shave.....

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Thanks for the review @GlazedBoker. I have some soap samples incoming, unfortunately WCS is not doing cream samples yet, but at least I can judge the scents...

Thanks for the review @GlazedBoker. I have some soap samples incoming, unfortunately WCS is not doing cream samples yet, but at least I can judge the scents...

The scents will not disappoint my friend. Truly dazzling scents. The Chypre is simple but lovely to my nose and is a bit stronger than the Oriental. The Oriental is just a bit more complex but very nicely composed and delivers a nice spicey rose/vanilla aroma with a deep woods scent. Like I said, a bit lighter scent wise but it lingers beautifully while shaving. Both creams will have you breathing deep, long whiffs. They’re that good to be honest.

The Oriental cream gave a very good lather tonight and performed just as good as the Chypre. Same lather, glide and protection with very good results. Still, a bit lacking to my eyes in terms of post shave feel and conditioning. Again, I’ve been ruined by the benefits of Tallow based soaps and creams as I receive more in the form of better skin conditioning results. But, these two creams are no slouches by any stretch. I still have and feel a very good hydrating feel and my skin feels just as soothed with not a single bout of irritation to speak of. Impressive indeed for being a vegan based cream. No regrets on my part in acquiring these two products from WCS.

EAD0F7CC-D8A1-498E-9DD9-1A0245AAF2F0.jpeg

This is pretty much how I feel. Post shave for me is fine, residual slickness could be better, but not a big deal. I have been using Wholly Kaw and Icaurs soaps a lot recently, so those are what I'm comparing this one to. Not really fair, I know.

All in all, I'm very happy with it, and will purchase some more in the future. I do LOVE this oriental scent. One of my favorites ever!

Went with the Chypre again for tonight’s shave. The scent is just fantastic but, the performance while ok is lacking on post shave for me. So I decided to use a pre-shave sample from Grooming Dept that Mohammad sent me and I added it to my lather. Man, that just did it. The pre-shave just adds to the lather and turns it into a dense, nutrient filled lather bomb. The shave was just fantastic and the scent was not altered one single bit. A good 2 pass shave that resulted in a BBS finish. The Sabre & GEM slid across my face as if on ice. And post shave was spot on. Moisturized, hydrated and oh so supple. Just turned my WCS Chypre into a super soap with this stuff. Great shave...

3DC6AB3D-2ABC-4F31-806A-3A17B5747F72.jpeg

5A01EF58-06AF-4E2C-BC4A-83B90A6CEA75.jpeg

Top Bottom