What's new

New Tuxedo Knot Brush

$IMG_1294.jpg

Looking forward to trying this tomorrow.
Review in this thread.
Bought from etsy from the maker on the card.

Needless to say, I have no affiliation with the maker and did not get any discount etc. in order to post a review.

Sorry about the typo in the title. Maybe a mod can edit

Last edited:
Is it the same knot as Peter Wolf uses? I want also to try the Tuxedo knot, i like to bye a ready brush, otherwise I have to order first the knot and then a handle. Does anyone knows how to fix the knot inside the Handle?

Is it the same knot as Peter Wolf uses? I want also to try the Tuxedo knot, i like to bye a ready brush, otherwise I have to order first the knot and then a handle. Does anyone knows how to fix the knot inside the Handle?

DrYad: Other threads say it is the same knot Peter Wolf uses.

It's not difficult to fix a knot inside a handle. First make sure the hole is 24mm. That's the only size the Tuxedo knot comes in. Then use epoxy to carefully glue it in.

Or, if you want to play with loft, first use silicone adhesive to temporarily set the knot. US quarters are exactly 24mm, so you can use those to raise the loft. Or use washers. Once you are happy with the height, twist out the knot and use epoxy to permanently set it.

Thank you, first i will try to get one including the handle :laugh:

DrYad: Other threads say it is the same knot Peter Wolf uses.

It's not difficult to fix a knot inside a handle. First make sure the hole is 24mm. That's the only size the Tuxedo knot comes in. Then use epoxy to carefully glue it in.

Or, if you want to play with loft, first use silicone adhesive to temporarily set the knot. US quarters are exactly 24mm, so you can use those to raise the loft. Or use washers. Once you are happy with the height, twist out the knot and use epoxy to permanently set it.

And here is my Tuxedo shave brush with Shavemac The Beehive Zebra Handle:

To complete the brushes on the photos:

Left: Maggard 24mm Synthetic with Shavemac The Beehive Zebra Handle
Mid: Plisson Synthétique „La Maison du Barbier“ (Acetat ivory)
Right: The Tuxedo 24mm Synthetic with Shavemac The Beehive Zebra Handle

$Plisson_01.JPG

$Plisson_02.JPG

Last edited:
View attachment 700596

Looking forward to trying this tomorrow.
Review in this thread.
Bought from etsy from the maker on the card.

Needless to say, I have no affiliation with the maker and did not get any discount etc. in order to post a review.

Sorry about the typo in the title. Maybe a mod can edit

Welcome to B&B! It's great to have you here! I fixed the title for you. That's a real cool looking handle!

If it isn't the same it looks very similar.

I've shaved with it 3 times. It is supersoft and really nice. It is softer on the face than the Stirling Kong but there is no problem with picking up lather from the soap puck or leaving it on the face(I face lather).

I'm not an expert on putting knots in brush handles by any means but whipped dog sells an epoxy that is used to affix the knot to the handle. Or I'm sure home depot or Lowe's has something similar.

And here is my Tuxedo shave brush with Shavemac The Beehive Zebra Handle:

To complete the brushes on the photos:

Left: Maggard 24mm Synthetic with Shavemac The Beehive Zebra Handle
Mid: Plisson Synthétique „La Maison du Barbier“ (Acetat ivory)
Right: The Tuxedo 24mm Synthetic with Shavemac The Beehive Zebra Handle

View attachment 701024

View attachment 701025

Those zebras are very cool. I hadn't seen those before.

How do you get the silicone adhesive off the knot, and what is the original glue that hold the knot together?

When got my Tuxedo knot from APShaveCo already set in a vintage handle, it had a faint scent of silicone adhesive on it.

Last edited:
How do you get the silicone adhesive off the knot, and what is the original glue that hold the knot together?

When got my Tuxedo knot from APShaveCo already set in a vintage handle, it had a faint scent of silicone adhesive on it.

Silicone adhesive can be peeled off the base of the knot before you reset it with epoxy.

I'm not sure I quite understand your second question. The hairs in a knot are held together by being sunk into a disk of hard plastic that serves as the base.

Top Bottom