What's new

New Standard with a message

I got this razor from ebay, it had a 1921 blade in it and this cool note pinned in the case. The razor looks like new.
I like razors with messages in them, The 4th and 5th pictures are a Milord case I have that the top liner dropped out to reveal this message from 1970

I get a kick out of that 'drinks' message.
Why did he put the year on it? How many drinks did he plan on having? :001_smile

I think a better question is how many drinks had he already had that he thought "Hey, I need to leave a message where someone will see it. Where should I put it? I know, I will write it on the inside liner of a milord case. No one will miss seeing it there!"

So he is going to his friend Larry's for a drink, Pat sold a football helmet, and Sean is age 7. Only one of those 3 seems worthy to write down for prosperity. :lol::lol:

So he is going to his friend Larry's for a drink, Pat sold a football helmet, and Sean is age 7. Only one of those 3 seems worthy to write down for prosperity. :lol::lol:

Good pickup on the "f. helmet", I was having a hard time figuring out what that word was.

I think he was questioning Sean, not stating his age.

The personalized "guidance message" is very cool. I haven't seen one like that in any of the razor cases I've had come through my hands. Very neat!

Yet another cool find, Mike. :thumbup1:

As for the previous owner, I think he was going to have a drink to celebrate selling his football helmet patent...and was thinking about inviting Sean to join him. :tongue_sm

Yet another cool find, Mike. :thumbup1:

As for the previous owner, I think he was going to have a drink to celebrate selling his football helmet patent...and was thinking about inviting Sean to join him. :tongue_sm

I got the razor over a year ago from Old Town Antique Mall in Bellingham, in your neck of the woods.

Highball, have you posted the Milord message before? I swear I saw that exact message some time ago. How many people were going out for a drink after selling a football helmet in 1970?:lol:

I got the razor over a year ago from Old Town Antique Mall in Bellingham, in your neck of the woods.

I distinctly remember explaining to you that the antique malls south of Everett are yours, and those north are mine. Do you need my address again so you can send my razor? :laugh:

Top Bottom