What's new

New shaving creams from Pakistan

My father in law just came back from Pakistan, and as requested, brought along a few local creams for me. I haven’t used them yet, although i’ll be doing so in the next few days.

My luigi ‘stache and i are both very excited!

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is this "whitening effect" that the Medicam claims? I would understand if it was toothpaste, but for a shaving cream?

What is this "whitening effect" that the Medicam claims? I would understand if it was toothpaste, but for a shaving cream?

I would assume they mean it will make your skin look fairer or make it glow? A bogus claim Ofcourse.

I would assume they mean it will make your skin look fairer or make it glow? A bogus claim Ofcourse.

I know when I lived in Cambodia it was impossible to find any product applied to skin that didn't make a whitening claim. Yes, it's a cultural thing where fair skin is valued.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

Lighter skin is considered more attractive or higher class in many parts of the world.

It's funny. When my grandmother was young they all, the girls at least, wore big hats to preserve their white skin because pale skin then mean that you did not have to work long hours in the sun but could afford to keep out of it; today we lie in the sun for hours to show that we can afford to lie around for hours in the sun doing nothing. :laugh:

My father in law just came back from Pakistan, and as requested, brought along a few local creams for me. I haven’t used them yet, although i’ll be doing so in the next few days.

proxy.php

A little question... the models on the packages, are they celebrities or just pretty faces?

These brands have been around a long time, but I have never been able to score them...Let us know how the scent and lather works for you . I believe there are a few more made in Pakistan , and also in Bangladesh, which are also almost impossible to find as no online vendors exist..

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.

proxy.php

According to this article, a lot of skin-whitening products contain mercury: Pakistani skin-whitening creams contain toxic mercury. Does that Medicam cream have any of the ingredients listed in that article?

A woman in California was put into a coma by a mercury-laced skin-whitening cream and is now brain-damaged. Judging by that, I'd be pretty wary of using anything that says that it whitens skin.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
*** kind of country would allow heavy metals to be used in face cream. Countries that don't give two ****s about their populous I guess. I'd jail the execs of the company and force them to use their products. (assuming that is true)

Top Bottom