What's new

New Shaver Stepping Up .

Sounds like things are really coming together for you, Chris. Great work, and thanks for your shave journal as well.:thumbup: It's a good resource for others just starting out.

Thanks Wingnut. I appreciate it. I'm really getting into it. Shaving is now enjoyable. I look forward to shaving every day.

SHAVES 19 & 20

Both blades gave a good shave until the end but in order to do so I needed to make a third pass with each which resulted in a nice close shave.

SHARK SUPER CHROME vs FEATHER HI-STAINLESS --- BLADE SHOOTOUT RESULTS

I performed four shaves with each blade under the same conditions. My opinion is:

Shark Super Chrome
Pros:
Smooth, medium sharpness, close shave. Affordable.
Cons: Not as smooth as the Feather.

Feather Hi-Stainless

Pros: Very smooth. Maybe the blade to judge smoothness by. Very sharp (in a good way).
Cons: The blade starts showing it is starting to lose its edge after the second shave. The first two shaves are magnificent. The second two are smooth but the sharpness is starting to go. Higher cost.

Decision

Feather Hi-Stainless is the winner IMHO due to its incredible smoothness and sharp blade.

P.S . I'm still a fan of Shark SC too. Also, Feather requires a light touch. The blade does all the work. Dont let the hype of a very sharp blade discourage you. IMHO it is what makes the shave smooth.

As per you request I am getting back to you cmateski, the Nevermore after shave balm is wonderful. It really is soothing to the face. And the Big Daddy scent is sandalwood, but also kind of powdery fresh. It is unique. But I love the performance of the Balm. It only "burns" where you went too deep, and it feels like a healing burn. I highly recommend it.

As per you request I am getting back to you cmateski, the Nevermore after shave balm is wonderful. It really is soothing to the face. And the Big Daddy scent is sandalwood, but also kind of powdery fresh. It is unique. But I love the performance of the Balm. It only "burns" where you went too deep, and it feels like a healing burn. I highly recommend it.

Thanks for the tip, I really appreciate it.

GILLETTE SILVER BLUE RAZOR BLADE

$Gillette Silver Blue Razor Blade.jpg

I tried a new razor blade this week, the Gillette silver blue. I am comparing it to the Feather Hi-Stainless. The Gillette SB is a smooth, sharp blade. It is thin and very flexible. I'd say the shave experience and results are close to the Shark Super Chrome. I did a shave by shave comparison against the Feather and the Feather gets my vote. If I had to choose between the Shark SC or the Gillette SB, I would choose the Shark SC. I dont think you can go wrong with either blade IMHO. Again, my experience and opinion may not be the same as yours so my advice is to keep an open mind and decide what feels best to you.

That gosh darn feather has given me the best shave experience so far. I'm not going to stop comparing blades because it is kind of an adventure. For me I dont believe I will find a blade as good as the feather but that wont stop me from trying! :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom