What's new

NEW RFB Acquisition

After experimenting with A LOT of razors over the last year, the Gillette NEW LC and NEW SC are my go to razors. Most everything else has been sold or PIF'd.

Today my newly acquired NEW RFB arrived. I'm really looking forward to using it for the first time later today.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

R

romsitsa

For the real deal, swap caps with your LC, this has a Tech cap.

Adam

Are you sure that's an RFB? The pics don't clearly show the bottom of the razor, but it almost looks like a regular LC New from the pic you showed.

Plus, agree with Adam that it has a Tech cap. So, at best, it's a Frankenrazor. At worst, it's a LC New Frankenrazor (not that there's anything wrong with a LC New, I like them a lot; but if I paid for and was expected an RFB New, I wouldn't be happy if I got a LC New instead).

R

romsitsa

It's a nice No 44 set, only the cap was swapped for a Tech.

Adam

That's a bummer to hear the top cap doesn't go with the set. In the mean time I suppose I'll have to use my LC cap.

I'll submit a picture of the bottom of the base plate just to make sure that is actually an RFB.

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

R

romsitsa

Hello, it depends on which New and which Tech cap we compare. The most common three piece Rfb cap has two medium "pins", is silver or nickel plated and the bottom/inside is curved. A Tech is nickel, has two flats (if viewed from the side, a New has a smooth curve, the Tech a triangle shape).

This is the common three piece Rfb cap:
IMG_3923.JPG IMG_3924.JPG
Adam

Top Bottom