What's new

New releases from Semogue

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I also only checked yourshaving for Pegasus and ended up with Zenith Manchurian in my shopping cart 😄..
hope to like it as @Phoenixkh

Good choice I think.

Which one? Pictures?

2-9-24.Bayonetta:Doug's.Mike's.ZenCopMan.640.JPG

This Zenith Manchurian is one of my very favorite brushes. It took a very long time to fully break in, but now it is very hard to beat. Very soft tips. Great backbone. Delicious scrub. Etc.

Backbone.Dino..jpeg

After I'd ordered it, before it had arrived, I was cautioned about its stiffness, backbone, and extremely robust feel somewhat reminiscent of a wire brush. The warnings were somewhat scary, but not wrong. Still, I liked the brush from the beginning.

My other Zenith Manchurian is great, too, but the two brushes have rather dissimilar knots. Both knots are very good though.

I suspect you're going to enjoy whatever Zenith Manchurian you've ordered.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Hello dear @Guido75

Sylver is a synthetic bristle launched about three months ago by Semogue and was offered in the SOC line and from now on it will also appear in the new Pegasus line. I haven't tried it, but I believe that @Obetron Rex has one and might give us some feedback!

Cheers!
❤️🪒
Yes I have a SOC Sylver in butterscotch that I received from yourshaving about a month ago and just recently started using. I've only used it a few times so far but it is getting better each time. It started out kind of stiff and not real soft. But that could also be because it's a smaller knot than I'm used to and fairly dense. I usually use 25mm at least. After the first use it softened up some and its not as stiff and I like it now. It's seems very similar to Shavemac synthetic fiber to me. It's not as soft and doesn't splay as well as an STF XL but looks similar in appearance. It's a nice synthetic brush and looks great.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
4 of the 6 brushes on my favorites shelf are Semogues, and I recently purchased the Parbear Portugues - so I really don't need another brush at this time.

Did you hear me, B&B - I DON'T NEED ANOTHER BRUSH AT THIS TIME!

That means no post with 142 glowing reviews of one of the new brushes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
1710019341309.png

I took just this "basic" 27mm knot, 51mm loft..

Nice!

The ergonomics of that handle are stellar for me.

11.25.23.Taiga.Mike's.Rave's.640.JPG

I have a similar brush. Mine is very well broken in. It reminds me of my Simpson CH3 Manchurian but I like the Zenith knot better.

This knot is a good bit different from my Zenith Manchurian with the copper handle. Both are good and they're rather dissimilar in some ways. I like 'em both a lot.

Mine was well broken in when I received it, but it's broken in further since then.

I bet you're going to really like it. Just expect it to change at its own rate as you use it.

Backbone.Dino..jpeg

If ⇡this⇡ then you get a sticker ⇢​
1710019103015.png

Lovely brush.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Nice looking brushes, but I want more short and scrubby - like the Torga C5 line in butterscotch resin and cherry wood.
That's one of the benefits of living now... The choices are amazing. I think this might be the golden age of wet shaving. I won't live long enough to know for sure.... but I wonder if all these choices will be around in 50 years.. or will more be added?

We've already lost several razor artisans and brush makers... I do hope it isn't a trend... At the same time, I've only been wet shaving for 2 years now...and none of the razors in my Top Razor list were around before 2021. That said... some of them are no longer available.....

That's one of the benefits of living now... The choices are amazing. I think this might be the golden age of wet shaving. I won't live long enough to know for sure.... but I wonder if all these choices will be around in 50 years.. or will more be added?

We've already lost several razor artisans and brush makers... I do hope it isn't a trend... At the same time, I've only been wet shaving for 2 years now...and none of the razors in my Top Razor list were around before 2021. That said... some of them are no longer available.....

Good point! The choice of gear that is available is pretty amazing. That said, I have bought a ton of stuff to find my favorites. Can't complain, it's been a lot of fun. And I get great shaves which is why I got into this whole thing!

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
View attachment 1809623

Nice!

The ergonomics of that handle are stellar for me.

View attachment 1809615

I have a similar brush. Mine is very well broken in. It reminds me of my Simpson CH3 Manchurian but I like the Zenith knot better.

This knot is a good bit different from my Zenith Manchurian with the copper handle. Both are good and they're rather dissimilar in some ways. I like 'em both a lot.

Mine was well broken in when I received it, but it's broken in further since then.

I bet you're going to really like it. Just expect it to change at its own rate as you use it.

View attachment 1809619

If ⇡this⇡ then you get a sticker ⇢​

Lovely brush.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Confused here, wasn't this a thread about new Semogue brushes?? Wonder why all these Zeniths showing up here.....;-(

Links to the Pegasus brushes at Your Shaving.

Boar.

Synthetic.

Mistura.

Finest.

I am interested but not pulling any triggers just yet. These are not, to my knowledge, limited editions, but they look to be inspired by limited editions, of which I have several and can attest to their quality.

I'll be looking out for reviews and trying to restrain myself.

Happy shaves,

Jim

You made it very easy to give in by posting the links! lol

I couldn't resist the tortoise shell boar (I'm a sucker for tortoise shell anything) :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom