What's new

NEW RAZOR

Since I returned to proper shaving, I have always used a vintage Gillette of some description, an Aristocrat Junior being my favorite. However, I have broken a bone in my knee and need something to cheer me up. I would like an artisan British or American razor. Any suggestions? Please don't say that I should stick to vintage Gillettes!

I suppose up to 150 Sterling. I would like something simple but well made.
The Rockwell 6S is ~ £100, and satisfies my idea of "simple but well made". If you are after a good, relaxing, blood-free shave, this could be it. There are loads of reviews.

It has a grey, utilitarian look, like a good quality tool. If you are after something with a pretty appearance, this won't be it.

There are several choices. Do you want something with more blade feel than the vintage Gillettes or do you want something similar?

A rolls whole new set of skills great shave but get one in decent cond and you get a great shave if you do it right

Tatara Nodachi is an excellent well made razor. You can order it with a Masamune solid bar baseplate for a milder daily razor.

For new, I suggest a Timeless .95 Stainless Steel. For something smoother than an Aristocrat Jr but still in the vintage camp, try a Diplomat, '34 Aristocrat, Goodwill #160, or RFB.

Rex Ambassador if that is in reach. It's a fine razor. If that is not in budget, look at the Envoy.
20191231_061939.jpg

For new, I suggest a Timeless .95 Stainless Steel. For something smoother than an Aristocrat Jr but still in the vintage camp, try a Diplomat, '34 Aristocrat, Goodwill #160, or RFB.
The Timeless range seems excellent. Good suggestion. I have quite enough vintage razors!

Top Bottom