What's new

New Product developing - Michelangelo water

I guess one has to do a search before offering up an idea for fear of being subjected to this nonsense. But then, that would not be consistent with the spirit of this board, would it? Not the kind of collegiality I have grown accustomed to on B&B.

No offense intended. I'm sure it works very well - I use Thayers all the time.
I believe the lavendar and rose in the Thayers is mostly fragrance and/or flower water as opposed to true hydrosols. Maybe some pure witch hazel mixed with the DVH2O hydrosols would be the best of all worlds.

No offense intended. I'm sure it works very well - I use Thayers all the time.
I believe the lavendar and rose in the Thayers is mostly fragrance and/or flower water as opposed to true hydrosols. Maybe some pure witch hazel mixed with the DVH2O hydrosols would be the best of all worlds.

None taken as your comments were to simply point out what I didn't know. To your other point, my understanding was that the witch hazel itself is the hydrosol. I will need to hunt the thread down. I bought the DaVinci water and, simply put, I like the W/H combo better, but, YMMV. I bought the W/H's on IHerb.com and paid about $6 a bottle. I simply combined them 50/50. Not a bad deal for something you intend to spray on liberally. The scent does dissipate but that's expected. I've asked a half dozen people to compare and the W/H combo won hands down.
That's what makes a horse race, I guess. If you use Thayer's you might give it a try.

Yes, the witch hazel is a hydrosol of the witch hazel plant - combining that with true hydrosols of lavendar and rose plants should give you the benefits of all 3.

The Thayers rose/lavendar combo has been done around here for a while since DaVinci water go so popular.
I believe they refer to it as the "Ghetto DaVinci Water" :biggrin: :tongue:

Did I smell a bad batch??

I finally got to compare the two (davinci water and thayers rose/lav mix). Scent alone - the thayers mix wins hands down. I now wonder if my friend got a bad batch of davinci water. Some say davinci smelled too floral, I thought it seemed to have a chemical factor, an almost eau d'elmers glue. Like it, I did not.

I had such high hopes for davinci water but was so relieved I got to sample a friends before investing. I did end up making a purchase at iherb for the thayers. Very good people, quick shipping and they put everything in zip lock bags too. I mixed it up and do so love the morning/night use.

Did I smell a bad batch??

I finally got to compare the two (davinci water and thayers rose/lav mix). Scent alone - the thayers mix wins hands down. I now wonder if my friend got a bad batch of davinci water. Some say davinci smelled too floral, I thought it seemed to have a chemical factor, an almost eau d'elmers glue. Like it, I did not.

I had such high hopes for davinci water but was so relieved I got to sample a friends before investing. I did end up making a purchase at iherb for the thayers. Very good people, quick shipping and they put everything in zip lock bags too. I mixed it up and do so love the morning/night use.

For those of us in the Toronto area of Ontario Canada, some Fortino's carry the Thayers in the 'Organic' section of the store. I haven't had a chance to get any yet, as I just found out last night.

The nice thing about B&B is that every two weeks the threads are all new.

Paul

P.S. I'm passing Keanu water.
P.P.S. But I'm waiting for the Carrie Moss.

For those of us in the Toronto area of Ontario Canada, some Fortino's carry the Thayers in the 'Organic' section of the store. I haven't had a chance to get any yet, as I just found out last night.

I recently found Thayers, the Rose and the Lavender, for $9+ at Mustard Seed.

FYI - the Rose lists Rose Water as it's first ingredient. The Lavender lists water first and Lavender fragrance before Lavender water. According to the labels, (if I'm reading them correctly) they contain both hydrosol and fragrance of the scents in question.

Ken

Top Bottom