What's new

New Product developing - Michelangelo water

A fellow badger sent me a sample of a product he is developing. He calls it Michelangelo water. It's a blend of witch hazel and maybe an essential oil or two. Its light, refreshing and not too long lived so you can grab a trusty cologne on the way out the door. I even used some before retiring for the night, the hints of lavender and rose are a nice touch. I am not sure but there may be a dab of vanilla or something else. He was curious what I thought and I need to convince him to try a larger test group.

Since I have been using a little nanka as a light moisturizer this made it even better. I think I am going to have to buy a larger bottle of Nanka too. I was disappointed the trial bottles from classic shaving were about 2/3 full. Sad.

Interesting - this sounds quite close to QED's DaVinci Water, which is based on lavender and rose hydrosols - and is designed to be used the same way this "new" product is.

I suspect the name is also not coincidental.

I've been doing that with my witch hazel.
I use 4oz of Thayer's with Aloe and 10% alcohol and add three drops of lavender essential oil.
I keep DaVinci water on hand so never thought to take my mini-mad scientist experiment any further.

Back to the lab!! Hands off the razor Igor!

Interesting - this sounds quite close to QED's DaVinci Water, which is based on lavender and rose hydrosols - and is designed to be used the same way this "new" product is.

I suspect the name is also not coincidental.

I think you might be on to something. :detective:

Said he tried Davinci water and thinks Michelangelo takes the cake. I havent tried davinci water myself but I like this one.

I think you might be on to something. :detective:

I took my smart pills today!

Said he tried Davinci water and thinks Michelangelo takes the cake. I havent tried davinci water myself but I like this one.

Would this person be contemplating selling this product - since he's gone to the trouble of giving it a fancy name, I suspect the answer is yes.

Are you going to let us know who the mystery "badger" is who is the creator of this product, or will all be revealed in the fullness of time?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I took my smart pills today!

Would this person be contemplating selling this product - since he's gone to the trouble of giving it a fancy name, I suspect the answer is yes.

Are you going to let us know who the mystery "badger" is who is the creator of this product, or will all be revealed in the fullness of time?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I'll narrow it down a little and let you know it isn't me.

OK, folks. The Judge is a friend of mine and he's just poking some fun at me. What I did was combine, 50/50, Thayer's Rose and Lavender witch hazels. I usually add a little essential oil to "taste." It's got no name and is not for sale. Just try it. IMHO, it blows DaVinci out of the water but, YMMV.

And yes, it was inspired by a thread on here that indicated that witch hazel is, in fact, a hydrosol. So I just combined some and came up with this one.

It's great to spray on after a shower, esp. before bed.

The Thayers rose/lavendar combo has been done around here for a while since DaVinci water go so popular.
I believe they refer to it as the "Ghetto DaVinci Water" :biggrin: :tongue:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I'm waiting for Tycho Brahe water to hit the market. I'll buy anything named after a guy with a metal nose.

I guess one has to do a search before offering up an idea for fear of being subjected to this nonsense. But then, that would not be consistent with the spirit of this board, would it? Not the kind of collegiality I have grown accustomed to on B&B.

Top Bottom