What's new

New Personna Injector

For 2,99 UK pounds I bought a nos Personna injectomatic razor with 5 stainless steel blades. It is made in the UK "from a newly developed synthetic material" and "has been designed with a precise balance of weight, lenght and taper".

So, I will try it asap :001_smile

Any one here knows this one?

Last edited:
According to the seller it would be 60ties. Here is a first snap shot with my mobile, not that sharp. It has "Personna" on this side of the handle.

Put a nos Schick Super Stainless in and had a great shave! Finally what I have been looking for. I was hoping to find an injector to shave as close as my Enigma, or the open comb, but faster, so I could do that in the morning at work days, and DE in the evenings and the weekends. Till now that just did not happen, not close enough, but this simple "plastic" Personna does the trick :thumbup1:

Wil, As also posted in my "Injector Journey" thread, congrats! Glad to hear you've found a satisfying combination. Too many miss out by not trying the injector format.

Nice find, Wil! Too bad the seller only got one. :sad:
I have an unused PAL waiting to be tested but it would be nice when somebody still made these. Couldn't be that hard to produce.

Nice find, Wil! Too bad the seller only got one. :sad:
I have an unused PAL waiting to be tested but it would be nice when somebody still made these. Couldn't be that hard to produce.

Harrie, I always seem to find some unique razor. Maybe because I am one of a kind too :wink2:. But if you need some blades for the PAL, just let me know.

Harrie, I always seem to find some unique razor. Maybe because I am one of a kind too :wink2:. But if you need some blades for the PAL, just let me know.

Thanks :thumbup1: but I have the original blades that came with it and a pack of NOS Schick Platinums so I can go ahead. Just two things hold me back a little; the PAL still has its (red) blank in there and with all the DE blades I still have waiting for me it will have to wait a bit longer.

Put a nos Schick Super Stainless in and had a great shave! Finally what I have been looking for. I was hoping to find an injector to shave as close as my Enigma, or the open comb, but faster, so I could do that in the morning at work days, and DE in the evenings and the weekends. Till now that just did not happen, not close enough, but this simple "plastic" Personna does the trick :thumbup1:

And this morning the second shave with the same blade. DFS in 2, again :w00t: That is something I do not have often. Will try tomorrow for the third time...

A DE blade only lasts me one shave (apart from Astra and Sunrise, they last two shaves). So for me this is simply unbelievable. But I am going to try for a fourth shave tomorrow, for as you say why not?

An Injector blade for me, is good for a full weeks shaves. A DE blade 3-4 shaves. :tongue_sm

One possible reason for the extra longevity is that the blade is .010" (0.25 mm) thick vs. .004" (0.10 mm) for a typical DE blade.

- Chris

I've gotten up to eight shaves with a modern (Chinese made) Schick injector blade. Thought about trying to push it up to ten, but decided not. Generally get two to four shaves with DE, and five or six with SE.

A DE blade only lasts me one shave (apart from Astra and Sunrise, they last two shaves). So for me this is simply unbelievable. But I am going to try for a fourth shave tomorrow, for as you say why not?

4 seems to be pushing it: the blade is still cutting, but I get irritation. But: 3 goods shaves is not bad...

Just finished my first workday week shave. It does last 5 days like this.

Tried it this morning with a nos Pal Hollow Ground blade from the fifties. Took me 2 passes to get a DFS. Glad I can use the Pal blades, as I have quit a few lying around. In the Pal Injectomatic they just did not cut it. Will check them again in the Schick G1. AFAICR they did not cut it in that one either...

Top Bottom