What's new

New Pearl DE Razor or blade teaser !

A bunch of people, mostly frequenting other fora these days.

Mine had no defects that I could see. Shave-wise, it feels milder than e.g. the RazoRock MJ90-A but just as efficient and smoother, at least for me.

My razor has arrived yesterday and i test it on field. The razor has a very good finish and i haven't found any particular issue. I am a fan of the Rockwell 6S and i use it with the R3 plate. The Blaze looks to me more efficient and effective than the R3 ( maybe similar with the R4)with the same comfort. I will do a second test tomorrow but at moment for me it's a nice surprise.

Some photos

Attachments

• 20220107_122731.jpg
    20220107_122731.jpg
    847.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 20220107_122855.jpg
    20220107_122855.jpg
    879.8 KB · Views: 59
  • 20220107_122618.jpg
    20220107_122618.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
M

Member 113878

Thanks for the video!
Well, so I'll pass on buying this one for the moment being...
Hopefully they'll fix the poor machining/QC issues and recall the defective ones too.

M

Member 113878

Fendrihan got them and I ordered one yesterday.
They have a great return policy if it doesn't work out well.

M

Member 113878

Ok, so got mine yesterday.
Finish is top notch, and fitting is perfect.
Had my first shave with it this morning, and it was extremely smooth, next to no blade feel.
I find it somewhat heavy though.
I'll try a few handles in the next days...
Happy customer here.

They are very reasonably priced. I really like the handle. Looking at the specs, the handle would be too long for my taste. Maybe one day they will make a short version. Very tempting. I recently received the Flexi and it shaves very well. Pearl is really stepping up their game. Nice.

Bumping this thread, as I'm a new owner of a Pearl Blaze and thought I'd share my observations. I picked up one on the Maggard Black Friday sale for 30 bucks. I figured that for that minimal outlay, I had very little to lose. Plated solid brass, CNC machined and, for me, the Blaze is a looker. Seemed like a can't lose proposition, and I'm happy to report that my instinct was correct. The Blaze is, IMHO, a very high value razor.

I know there have been reports of QC issues with the Blaze (and other Pearl razors as well), but the fit and finish on mine is top notch. All square and plumb, spot on blade alignment, and the satin finish plating is flawless to my eye. Maybe it is due to my limited expectations, but I have to say I am stunned by the overall build quality of the Blaze. I find it every bit as good as, and in a few cases better than, some of my other, much higher dollar, CNC razors.

The shave is, likewise, all good for my face and preferences. The Blaze is a mild feeling razor, by which I mean comfortable and gentle on the face. Blade feel is minimal. Efficiency is excellent, very much on par with two of my favorites, the Henson AL13 medium and the Timeless .68. Right up my alley.

Ergonomics might be an issue for some. The Blaze is a relatively heavy razor at 112 grams (on my kitchen scale), so the heft is substantial, if that is a consideration for you. Also, the handle is longish at 98 mm (that's 3 7/8" for us metrically challenged folks). On the other hand, the thread is standard, so if your preference runs to something shorter, your favorite bulldog will be a match.

All in all, I think the Blaze is a real winner. I'm surprised it seems to have generated so little buzz but, I know, it's a crowded market for new razors. But we're talkin' well made, solid brass for $40: an amazing buy, IMHO. A zamac killer if there ever was one.

Top Bottom