What's new

New Member from Japan

Greetings from Tokyo! I just started DE wet shaving about 2 weeks agom and since I read quite a few threads and reviews from Badger & Blade, I might as well join the community officially.
I previously used a series of electric shavers (Braun Series 9 currently), as well as disposable razors like Gillette's 3 bladed ones. I don't get razor burns and bad nicks, but DE wet shaving was a whole new world I've never tried, and so far I'm loving it! Now I'm actually excited to get a daily shave, when I previously considered it a chore. I'll still hold on to my Braun 9 since it was a birthday gift, and I still need it when I'm in a rush or travelling.
I currently have a Merkur 23C that came with a leather travel case and 10 Merkur blades for a pretty good deal here in Japan (less than 45USD), set of Proraso pre-shave, shaving cream, aftershave balm, mug, and a synthetic Golddachs brush. I got a few blades to test them out other than the Merkur ones I got (Astra Green, Wilkinson Sword Classic, and Bic Chrome Platinum).
People here might recommend Feather blades soon since I heard they are excellent and are made here, but I'll try to learn the shaving techniques first to try out advanced gears.

Hope to get involved more soon,
Tetsu

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Welcome to B&B!

On the Aftershave subject, I loved the MG5 aftershave. I believe that the production moved to Vietnam and it's not the same anymore. Mandom is another one but it can be difficult to find at a reasonnable price outside Japan.

Top Bottom