What's new

New member from dubai.

Salam Alaikum
proxy.php
NeHal 'ex-patting' in Abu Dubai, United Arab Emirates ("A Destination of Distinction...Yeah Baby!!!).
proxy.php

Welcome aboard the B & B (besides being enrolled in the fictional, sacred and utopian Order of Shavedom). Please feel free to come up to the promenade / sun deck &
'sit-a-spell'.
proxy.php

Sounds like your off to a great start and (on your way to shaving nirvana and the Zen of Shaving [http://zenhabits.net/the-zen-of-shaving-how-a-double-edge-razor-can-change-your-life/),yes...this Forum has the knowledge, ideas, and all around 'know-how' to assist in your Wet-Shaving experience. In a nut-shell...your 'gonna' love it here.
Since your'e a Str8 Razor shaver (and hats
proxy.php
off to you...I'm too nervous to try myself
proxy.php
), this Thread entitled
"The Interactive Guide to Straight Razor Shaving" (http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Inter..._Razor_Shaving) maybe of great interest to you and is very informative (which I'm sure you've already read). :thumbsup:

And please don't forget The 7 P's of Shaving...Prepare, Patience, Pressure, Practice, Persistence, Post shave and Passion (http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/313490-New-Members!-The-6-P-s-of-Shaving).

Although, you may not be additted yet (I think I'm holding up fairly well...with a few exceptions), because we all suffer (gladly and are doomed perhaps), from this shaving complusion (and other Acquisition Disorders), because at times..."Resistance is futile".
proxy.php

"Lead us not into temptation. Just tell us where it is; we'll find it". Sam Levenson View attachment 318048
proxy.php

proxy.php
"Don't worry about the [cuts, weepers and] nicks and pick up your life...forget all the bad things, the pain and the strife". Author Unknown

Wasalam to you my friend! im sorry it took a long while to reply to your great post! wow! i just read it too (you know how exams and assignments like to mess with us), and

thanks for the links! i will be going through them now. well yeah im having a great time with straight razors, but cant say the same for the start, it was horrible! i thought it

would be just like shaving with a shavette but the weight distribution of a straight completely put me off to a new start and it took quite a few days to get used to it and

now i cant say im an expert but im reaping the rewards of great, smooth and irritation-free shaves! ah the feeling of it all! and i know when it comes to acquisition disorders!

may not be much but i already own 3 straights and one is already on the way from belgium, and now i have my eyes on a 7/8 henckels fridour and a thiers issard. other

than razors i am impatiently waiting for my monthly allowance to get a few MWF refils and a DR Harris marlborough. so yea to sum it all up im enjoying it all very very much!

anyways count-of-merkur-cristo (love the name), hoping to have some great shaving discussions with and learn from you! and once again, thanks for the great post.

Edit: thankyou all for the welcome :)

Last edited:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Wasalam to you my friend! im sorry it took a long while to reply to your great post! wow! i just read it too (you know how exams and assignments like to mess with us), and

thanks for the links! i will be going through them now. well yeah im having a great time with straight razors, but cant say the same for the start, it was horrible! i thought it

would be just like shaving with a shavette but the weight distribution of a straight completely put me off to a new start and it took quite a few days to get used to it and

now i cant say im an expert but im reaping the rewards of great, smooth and irritation-free shaves! ah the feeling of it all! and i know when it comes to acquisition disorders!

may not be much but i already own 3 straights and one is already on the way from belgium, and now i have my eyes on a 7/8 henckels fridour and a thiers issard. other

than razors i am impatiently waiting for my monthly allowance to get a few MWF refils and a DR Harris marlborough. so yea to sum it all up im enjoying it all very very much!

anyways count-of-merkur-cristo (love the name), hoping to have some great shaving discussions with and learn from you! and once again, thanks for the great post.

Edit: thankyou all for the welcome :)
NeHal:
proxy.php
...post and thanx for your update, support and for sharing!
proxy.php

proxy.php
[FONT=&amp]"A good Lather is half the Shave". William Hone[/FONT]

i was in dubai over xmas and new years and saw loads of traditional shave gear and product. rich country is pretty easy to get anything you want. also loads of indians everywhere who for sure can bring in dirt cheap excellent products like Godrej for free nearly if the real good stuff in the malls doesn't suit you. pick up a quality blade (friodur, fila, etc.) and a set of slates on ebay and enjoy!

Thank you all!

i was in dubai over xmas and new years and saw loads of traditional shave gear and product. rich country is pretty easy to get anything you want. also loads of indians everywhere who for sure can bring in dirt cheap excellent products like Godrej for free nearly if the real good stuff in the malls doesn't suit you. pick up a quality blade (friodur, fila, etc.) and a set of slates on ebay and enjoy!

I too have seen traditional shave gear here but I think they lack the most important element of traditional shaving (straights and DEs) :D. Oh how I desire a Friodur, a nice 7/8 Hollow with a well decorated spine. But purchases have been halted for a while, have enough razors (only four, really) to go by a long time! But I do have my eyes on the Friodur....and I will not look away..

Hello there!

I am also from Dubai, and have been lurking around B&B for quite a while now. Got into traditional shaving a couple of months back, and now can't even think of going back to my Mach 3 and Nivea gel routine.

I started off with ordering an Edwin Jagger DE89L from theenglishshavingcompany.com Brilliant service. And once the razor arrived, it felt like every buck well spent. It's got a nice weight and feel, not to mention that it looks a million times better than supermarket safety razors. Shaves like a dream.

I also got a couple of relatives of mine to buy some Taylor of Old Bond Street shaving cream tubs from London when they were coming down to Dubai. Better than any of those fancy, super expensive cream you'll find in the malls here. Supermarket shaving foams and gels don't even come close. Of the almond and sandalwood I got, I prefer the sandalwood, and so does the wife.

Blades are not that difficult to find here, once you know where to look. Took me a while to find but I finally did. I've tried the green 7'o clocks from Russia and the black Feathers, both of which you can find at Almaya supermarkets. The Feathers are the best shavers, but you need to be really patient with them to not be left with a face full of nicks and cuts.

Right now I'm looking out for a nice badger brush to replace my boar hair Omega. I've heard so much about them that I just can't wait to get my hands on one. Crabtree & Evelyn is the only place here where I have seen one, but it costs over 400 bucks for a simple pure badger brush (that's about $120 stateside). I'll be ordering one online soon.

That's it from my side. I'll be seeing you all around the forums.

Hi Romio, welcome to B&B!

When you get the time, head over to our Hall of Fame and introduce yourself. Enjoy your time here, happy shaves and once again, WELCOME!!

Welcome to B&B! :)

I just joined and I'm located in Dubai as well! Gonna have to go through the difficulties of getting the items needed for a set over here -.-

Hi Guys,

I'm in Dubai too. The only place that I have found so far that has any kind of shaving clobber is 1847 - There are branches in Emirates Towers and JBR Walk. I have amassed most of my gear either from Amazon (get an Aramex Shop and Ship account, really useful) or from trips back to the UK (G F Trumpers on Curzon Street, Mayfair is a place I always visit when in London), but 1847 seem to have a reasonable selection of creams, soaps and pre/post shave treatments. They stock Alum Blocks too.

For what it's worth, I currently have the following kit in my shave den:

Razors:

Merkur Futur DE Safety
Merkur Slant DE Safety
Merkur Travel Razor Open Tooth Comb DE Safety

Rolls Imperial No.2 SE Safety

Dovo 5/8" High Carbon Hollow Ground Open
Dovo Renaissance 6/8" Stainless Hollow Ground Open

Brushes:

Muhle Silvertip
G F Trumper Best Badger Travel Brush

Strop:

Dovo Double Sided Tension Strop

Pre/Post Shave Treatments:

G F Trumpers Sandlewood Skin Food
Osma Alum Block
G F Trumpers Sandlewood, Spanish Leather, West Indian Lime and GFT Original Colognes

Cheers...

Hi Guys,

I'm in Dubai too. The only place that I have found so far that has any kind of shaving clobber is 1847 - There are branches in Emirates Towers and JBR Walk. I have amassed most of my gear either from Amazon (get an Aramex Shop and Ship account, really useful) or from trips back to the UK (G F Trumpers on Curzon Street, Mayfair is a place I always visit when in London), but 1847 seem to have a reasonable selection of creams, soaps and pre/post shave treatments. They stock Alum Blocks too.

For what it's worth, I currently have the following kit in my shave den:

Razors:

Merkur Futur DE Safety
Merkur Slant DE Safety
Merkur Travel Razor Open Tooth Comb DE Safety

Rolls Imperial No.2 SE Safety

Dovo 5/8" High Carbon Hollow Ground Open
Dovo Renaissance 6/8" Stainless Hollow Ground Open

Brushes:

Muhle Silvertip
G F Trumper Best Badger Travel Brush

Strop:

Dovo Double Sided Tension Strop

Pre/Post Shave Treatments:

G F Trumpers Sandlewood Skin Food
Osma Alum Block
G F Trumpers Sandlewood, Spanish Leather, West Indian Lime and GFT Original Colognes

Cheers...

Hi Tobester,
I also live in dubai.
Did you manage to get any reasonable good quality safety razors here

Top Bottom