What's new

New knot

I bought a Castle Forbes gift set which came with a pure badger brush but I dont like the quality of the hair. Can anyone recommend someone here in the US or even locally (NYC/NJ) who can remove the knot and replace it with something of quality. Thanks.

I have never dealt with Tony or Rudy but from all I have read in these forums you can not go wrong with either of them. :thumbup:

Why knot (I could not resist) do it yourself...if you spend some time browsing this forum, you'll find all of the info that you will need.

Last edited:
It's a simple enough task with even modest tools, to remove the old knot and glue a new one in. Larry at whipped dog also carries some knots.

If you have the confidence ( actually even if you don't ) think about doing it yourself.

You don't need any complicated or expensive tools ( though I'm guessing they probably make it easier ).

Just go slow and steady.

See my wiki from my sig on some links to all sorts things to do with brushes. Kevinm's post reference there is a great pictorial guide.

You guys make it sound easy. Is it really easy to put together a brush? I was looking at a TGN ready made handle which I really like. A lot of you experts- talk about loft height etc. Scaries me a bit. Would trying to put together a brush be something I can attempt????

YES !!! :lol:

As I mentioned before my wiki is a good start, but have a look around the Brush Restoration Forum there's HEAPS of stuff there.

You will get a feeling of self satisfaction using your brush you wouldn't get if you bought one or got someone else to restore :thumbup:

But be warned it can be a slippery slope ( just like everything here ) :lol:

Last edited:
Oh yeah listen to Ian.

Restoration or assembling a brush from one of Tony's handles is fun, simple, only takes a few tools and some patience....and will turn out a treasure.

Thanks guys. Have been reading a lot about it here. It amazing how much information folks out here share with each other. your Wiki is amazing. Thank you so very much for all the information.

Picked up my 2 brushes from him today, excellent work. I cant wait to try them out. Thanks Hex and Loric for recommending him. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom