What's new

New just checking in

A little background. I was one of the people that grew up on the latest and greatest multi blade cartridge razors. I think a lot of people fall into that trap out of convenience and speed to get the chore of shaving over quickly as possible! Several years ago I got a Merkur 34c HD with a Edwin jagger best badger brush, pre shave oil, shave mug, and lather and started learning about this type of shaving. I have very coarse beard hair so I’ve settled on feather blades for their sharpness. There’s other blades I’d like to try but haven’t strayed from feather as the results are great. Maybe kai blades someday? The whole process has given me a new outlook on how much more enjoyable a quality shave can be! I don’t see it as such a chore any more. Also I notice better results than with the quick cartridge method.
Recently I got a Vikings blade Emperor Augustus adjustable razor and tried a new process that gave me the best shave ever. Thanks to those that recommended a cold water shave!
Washed face with cold water, Put on a little art of shaving pre shave oil, feather blade loaded, mixed up some Taylor of old bond st lather with brush and cold water in mug and went to work! Tried aggression setting 5. I have a full groomed beard so I only shave around beard lines and neckline but also sides and back of neck to hairline. I have hair everywhere. I am hooked on this new process but I’m here to see what else I can learn.

Thanks for the welcomes! I’ve only been here a few days and I’ve learned that the wish list can get expensive! $$$$ ... It’s funny but I use to think the 34c was top dog. Little did I know!

Top Bottom