What's new

New guy with Valet ...

Hi, all. I was hoping someone might be able to help me narrow down a lineage on my Christmas present.

My wife found this 1940s Valet dopp kit in an antique shop. I was on the other side of the store, and found a matching, user-grade, Valet!:w00t:
Pepsodent and shave lotion are original, but I don't think I'll be trying them anytime soon. I'll be buying Feathers next payday, but I did have to burn one of the original blades...:001_tt1:

I could not find any pics or info of rigid-body kits like this after waaaay too much time searching. I wondered if it might be a limited run for a luggage-maker, or dept. store...? Any info or leads would be much appreciated! Happy New Year!

Attachments

• $HPIM1952.jpg
    $HPIM1952.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 115
  • $HPIM1956.jpg
    $HPIM1956.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 113
  • $HPIM1953.jpg
    $HPIM1953.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 113
  • $HPIM1954.jpg
    $HPIM1954.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 114
  • $HPIM1955.jpg
    $HPIM1955.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 112
Very nice indeed, superb find by your wife. One reads that Winston Churchill used a Valet razor and one could well think this neat assembly would be used on his away trips!

Well the razor itself is a VC4 type with the safety bar, which I think dates from the 40's. I haven't seen the Valet included in such a kit before, it's very a very nice kit as well, congrats!

Very nice indeed, superb find by your wife. One reads that Winston Churchill used a Valet razor and one could well think this neat assembly would be used on his away trips!
Quite! What I would like to hear is that this is one of five made for the Honourable PM, that somehow ended up in the duffel of an Okie from Finokie.

Somehow I doubt that degree of fortune, but I dearly love this kit. Best Christmas present since the GI Joe Headquarters!:biggrin1:

Welcome to B&B! It looks like you already figured out how to justify this hobby, get your wife involved. Congratulations on the nice piece of kit!

Top Bottom