What's new

New from Spain

Hello everyone!
I would like ti introduce,muy name is Chavdar,I from Bulgaria,but I have lived in Spain for more than 20 years.When I was 17 years old I started shaving with a clasic blade an double edged blades (from the former Soviet Union) until I was 21 years old,switching to Gillette and disposable blades (different Gillette razor models). Now I am 51 years old and 1 month ago I decided to go back to the classic shave out of nostalgia ,I bought Fatip Gentille the new King Gillette that came with 5 blades,green Astra,Arko soap and Vielong brush. I have changed the Green Astra and Gillette Blades for the Russian Voskhod,using pre-shave oil after the hot shower, I use only King Gillette (Fatip is saved) and it seems that I am improving the technique finish with Plastic Shave Mirsol and La Toja Selection balm. Today I got a perfect shake and only with 2 small points of blood. I accept advice...
Thank you!:001_smile
Sorry for my poor english...
20201201_225109.jpg

Welcome to B&B. Your English is just fine. It looks like you are getting a good shave on your face, but your neck seems to be an issue. How many passes do you make and do you pay attention to your beard direction. In other words, have you mapped your beard?

Welcome to B&B. Your English is just fine. It looks like you are getting a good shave on your face, but your neck seems to be an issue. How many passes do you make and do you pay attention to your beard direction. In other words, have you mapped your beard?
Attached photo of the first shaves, I shave every 3.4 days ... Yes, I try to follow the lines, on the neck the problem comes in the second pass, against the grain ...

Attached photo of the first shaves, I shave every 3.4 days ... Yes, I try to follow the lines, on the neck the problem comes in the second pass, against the grain ...
I assume your first pass is with the grain. Your second pass should be across the grain and avoid against the grain until you feel comfortable with your technique.

Ive been shaving with a DE razor for almost a year. Until about 4 months ago, I struggled with my technique. I watched a lot of YouTube videos, and read a lot of articles on shaving technique. It takes time to break old bad habits.

I started shaving around 1968 with a Gillette TTO razor and Gillette Blue blades. I got side tracked in the 80’s with a Gillette Trak II and then Sensor Excel. This past January I finally got fed up paying high prices for cartridges and getting mediocre shaves.

In January I started with a Chinese import razor, cheap blades and a super Badger brush. As I’ve learned along the way, I’ve upgraded my razor and blade. Finally about August it was like a switched flipped on. Suddenly I’m getting great shaves and rarely have a weeper or a nick.

Stay the course and you will get it. Just remember that you have to take baby steps along the way. One day the switch will flip on for you too.

Your English is far better than my very limited Spanish. I really like the Fatip razors. They are fantastic shavers at a great price. Welcome to the forums.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Добре дошъл, братко.(sorry my Serbian, and Bulgarian are a little rusty)

Switch to straight razor, go slow, and don't worry about the "closeness" of the shave. It'll come. I visited Sofia on several occasions (and got some speeding tickets, back in the Communist times). Those were the times (mid 80s) when one could buy a carton of red Marlboro in your duty free shops at the border for $6! Good times.

Welcome to B&B. Going against the grain can be tricky. Often, because it is awkward, you put too much pressure on the blade and do not maintain the correct angle.

Since the 90's I have been with disposable Gillette, the last years with Proglide and very smooth shaves, perfect in a hurry ... The decision to change a month ago is due to nostalgia and the memories of my grandfather's and my father's shaves with a razor classic ... I don't know, if the Fatip Gentille and King Gillette are the most suitable for a novice, but the green Astra and Gillette blades do not suit me, the change with the Russian Voskhod I have noticed a lot of softness ... Thanks for sharing your experience!:thumbup1::thumbup1:

I assume your first pass is with the grain. Your second pass should be across the grain and avoid against the grain until you feel comfortable with your technique.

Ive been shaving with a DE razor for almost a year. Until about 4 months ago, I struggled with my technique. I watched a lot of YouTube videos, and read a lot of articles on shaving technique. It takes time to break old bad habits.

I started shaving around 1968 with a Gillette TTO razor and Gillette Blue blades. I got side tracked in the 80’s with a Gillette Trak II and then Sensor Excel. This past January I finally got fed up paying high prices for cartridges and getting mediocre shaves.

In January I started with a Chinese import razor, cheap blades and a super Badger brush. As I’ve learned along the way, I’ve upgraded my razor and blade. Finally about August it was like a switched flipped on. Suddenly I’m getting great shaves and rarely have a weeper or a nick.

Stay the course and you will get it. Just remember that you have to take baby steps along the way. One day the switch will flip on for you too.
Since the 90's I have been with disposable Gillette, the last years with Proglide and very smooth shaves, perfect in a hurry ... The decision to change a month ago is due to nostalgia and the memories of my grandfather's and my father's shaves with a razor classic ... I don't know, if the Fatip Gentille and King Gillette are the most suitable for a novice, but the green Astra and Gillette blades do not suit me, the change with the Russian Voskhod I have noticed a lot of softness ... Thanks for sharing your experience!

Since the 90's I have been with disposable Gillette, the last years with Proglide and very smooth shaves, perfect in a hurry ... The decision to change a month ago is due to nostalgia and the memories of my grandfather's and my father's shaves with a razor classic ... I don't know, if the Fatip Gentille and King Gillette are the most suitable for a novice, but the green Astra and Gillette blades do not suit me, the change with the Russian Voskhod I have noticed a lot of softness ... Thanks for sharing your experience!:thumbup1::thumbup1:
Добре дошъл, братко.(sorry my Serbian, and Bulgarian are a little rusty)

Switch to straight razor, go slow, and don't worry about the "closeness" of the shave. It'll come. I visited Sofia on several occasions (and got some speeding tickets, back in the Communist times). Those were the times (mid 80s) when one could buy a carton of red Marlboro in your duty free shops at the border for $6! Good times.
Благодаря братко!
That's right ... old times ...
Thanks 😊

Welcome to B&B.
I don't know, if the Fatip Gentille and King Gillette are the most suitable for a novice, but the green Astra and Gillette blades do not suit me, the change with the Russian Voskhod I have noticed a lot of softness
The Fatip Gentile and King C Gillette are suitable for novices and experienced shavers alike. Your shaves will improve with better technique.
Perhaps you should try a blade sampler. The Voskhods and Rapira Super Stainless are very similar, another blade to consider.

Top Bottom