What's new

New EJ 3ONE6

Is the Rockewell 6S not cast? Seems like the cheapest way to produce stainless razors is to cast them in some way. Consumer base probably isnt there for CNC produced parts at that price point.

This is an interesting razor. Quite lightweight for a stainless steel razor which is a plus for me. I wonder how it compares to the RazoRock offerings which cost similarly in the EU.

I wouldn't be worried about the durability of the razor. I expect that Edwin Jagger will stand behind this product as they do for their zamak offerings.

Eagerly waiting for the first user reviews.

This thread got derailed a bit with debating over manufacturing processes. Suffice to say that its simply a razor and CNC machining vs injection molding is picking nits. The choice each supplier opts for (despite marketing claims) more than likely is based on the volume they expect to sell and little or nothing to do with which process is stronger.

For low volume, say under 10,000 units, CNC machining is less expensive than Injection Molding because of the great up front expense of designing and casting molds.

For larger volume, Injection Molding is less expensive because you can spread the upfront investment out over 100's of thousands of units sold.

Back on the rails......I eagerly await others reviews of this razor as I myself have ordered an EJ3one6 with an anodized blue handle. Hopefully the injection molded head wont melt when I run hot water over it. :001_huh:

Hopefully the injection molded head wont melt when I run hot water over it. :001_huh:
Or revert back to powder.:001_smile

Good to see you back adding your words of wisdom to these discussions. I have a stainless steel knurled handle coming soon so hopefully we can all start comparing notes.

Or revert back to powder.:001_smile

Good to see you back adding your words of wisdom to these discussions. I have a stainless steel knurled handle coming soon so hopefully we can all start comparing notes.

I had the knurled stainless handle in the cart, then on a whim grabbed the blue handle, but I think you made a great choice. I think they all look great and I suspect the knurled handle will have the best grip. What I'm most curious about regarding the handles is how much of an impact on the shave the handles make. I guess I didn't dig very deep for specs, but I assumed the aluminum handle is lighter than the stainless handle. Possibly the balance point is different?

We shall see. :001_smile

I had the knurled stainless handle in the cart, then on a whim grabbed the blue handle, but I think you made a great choice. I think they all look great and I suspect the knurled handle will have the best grip. What I'm most curious about regarding the handles is how much of an impact on the shave the handles make. I guess I didn't dig very deep for specs, but I assumed the aluminum handle is lighter than the stainless handle. Possibly the balance point is different?

From the specs I’ve seen (Edwin Jagger's own website) the knurled version has an overall weight of 85 grams vs 59 grams for the anodized version.

I have the knurled version coming but those colored handles look really classy. If it shaves well I might get another, but in anodized, or maybe they might offer handles only sometime. I wish you well.

Last edited:
From the specs I’ve seen (Edwin Jagger's own website) the knurled version has an overall weight of 85 grams vs 59 grams for the anodized version.

I have the knurled version coming but those colored handles look really classy. If it shaves well I might get another, but in anodized, or maybe they might offer handles only sometime. I wish you well.

Good info, thank you. I would expect the aluminum handled razor to feel more head heavy.

Snowman,

I received my knurled (all steel) 3ONE6 razor today and can confirm that the handle and head weigh 75 g, not 85 as stated on the EJ website. Handle is 45 g and the two-part head is 30 g. In any case, your guess then is a good as mine as to what the anodized razor actually weighs. The length is 97 mm as stated on their website so that matches.

I won't shave with it until tomorrow morning so must wait before coming up with any kind of performance evaluation. I'm certainly anxious to see how it performs, but one of the things I am really looking at is how well the ridged safety bar works. This appears to be an idea taken from the Gillette Sensor Excel. Maybe the Mach3 uses this as well but I don't use a Mach3 so I don't have any recent experience there.

Snowman,

I received my knurled (all steel) 3ONE6 razor today and can confirm that the handle and head weigh 75 g, not 85 as stated on the EJ website. Handle is 45 g and the two-part head is 30 g. In any case, your guess then is a good as mine as to what the anodized razor actually weighs. The length is 97 mm as stated on their website so that matches.

I won't shave with it until tomorrow morning so must wait before coming up with any kind of performance evaluation. I'm certainly anxious to see how it performs, but one of the things I am really looking at is how well the ridged safety bar works. This appears to be an idea taken from the Gillette Sensor Excel. Maybe the Mach3 uses this as well but I don't use a Mach3 so I don't have any recent experience there.

I ordered mine from The English Shaving company, I live in CONUS so it'll be a few weeks before I see it.

Lets us know how you like the shave.

Cheers!

Snowman,

Ike,
I am waiting for a Blue anodized, will get back about the weight.
By the way, also have a Feather AS-D2 and they have had ridges on the safety bar for many years on that model.
IMG_0833.JPG

Ike,
I am waiting for a Blue anodized, will get back about the weight.
By the way, also have a Feather AS-D2 and they have had ridges on the safety bar for many years on that model.
View attachment 989394
Bleedrunner,

Thanks, I did not know about the ridges on the Feather razor. I may look at that razor sometime too!

Good luck on your razor, I think the colored 3one6's look very nice. I this one shave well, I might spring for a colored one too sometime.

That did not stop The English Shaving Co from taking my money. Then again, the razor has not shipped yet and the charge is still pending.

If you want an anodized version, Amazon has a couple left.

Top Bottom