What's new

New design Mühle safety razors

J

Jarmo P

That is a beautiful looking razor. You raise my RAD too with this post. There is also that pretty case to be had.

The differance between the R41 and the R89 use to be nickle vs chrome plating,
now i see that the R41 is open comb and the R89 is straight bar,

Also, while they look like merkur HD heads, parker of india has been manufacturing an identical head for their 3 piece razors,

It's not a Merkur head, it's not a Parker, it's a real MÜHLE. MÜHLE developed in cooperation with Edwin Jagger something own… But the open comb version of the R41 is a modified Merkur head.

The handle is beautiful, and my RAD couldn't be stopped. I've got one on the way despite the outrageous shipping charges.

Has anyone used the new 89 yet? I wonder if it's aggressive like the older models. If nothing else, a tech or merkur head would look nice sitting on top the handle.

Dave

It's not a Merkur head, it's not a Parker, it's a real MÜHLE. MÜHLE developed in cooperation with Edwin Jagger something own… But the open comb version of the R41 is a modified Merkur head.

Well, FWIW that razor head is a SPITTING image of a Parker 91r head...

proxy.php
proxy.php

AFAIK Edwin Jagger uses Merkur heads so it seems odd to me that it's a real Muhle if it's made in cooperation with another company who doesn't make their own heads. :confused:

i dont know, it looks real good, and the gold plating on my 34g is starting to flake, so i suspect it wont be long before im forced to retire it,

the only think that worries me is that when i ordered my R41 (rev 1), i also ordered the nickel box, which rusted,

It certainly looks like a fine razor.

Seeing this stuff just makes me wish Gillette would get back into the DE business. It's a pipe dream, I know. P&G is not a shaving company, but a selling stuff to consumers company. I can dream, can't I?

J

Jarmo P

I have only 2 piece razors, those in my signature. If reviews will show this Muehle to be a good shaver, I might get it instead some 3-piece Merkur if my RAD gets high enough.

Well these is also the urge to get a big bottle of Tabac AS, that BaBE brush if it ever gets available etc. One thing I can resist is that Muehle case, since I don't travel much and considering it "rusts".

There are rumors in the German wet shaving community that this beauty is going to be given up. If you're planning to buy it, don't hesitate.

The heads only look on the photo similar, the bottom side looks different. Parker makes also a "Chatsworth" and a "Merkur" handle. – It's a three piece razor.

I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on this one...but, with respect, the similarities are very pronounced. It seem unlikely that it's a completely proprietary design by Muhle (unless of course it came out before the Parker, which is certainly possible).

Either way, it is definitely a smart looking razor.

What makes you think that? The old open comb by Mühle does not come even close to the Merkur open comb and as far as I know after a lot of emails to and from Mühle I think they will keep their original design on their new handle. They are made in Italy (or so they told me) and my guess is they are made by the firm FATIP.

Top Bottom