What's new

New Deluxe

I recently acquired a 1930 New Deluxe (sans case with a serial number), and took it for a spin this morning. It was quite aggressive, with lots of blade feel. But, it also gave me a really, really close shave. It’s 10 hours post-shave and I am still smooth! It reminds me of the Muhle R41, except that it is heavier and classier.

What I find really interesting is that it looks really similar in design to the Hybrid Tech, and the Hybrid Tech is probably the smoothest and least aggressive shaver I’ve used. I realize that the blade exposure determines ‘aggression’, but it is still interesting that two really similar-looking razors can be at opposite ends of the aggression scale.

I had previously shaved with a New Improved — but sold it. This Deluxe is probably not going anywhere anytime soon. It’s well-balanced, a pleasure to use and to hold and is a sturdy addition to my den.
Congrats Dan. This is one of the last razors I really want to acquire and yours looks fantastic!

I recently acquired a 1930 New Deluxe (sans case with a serial number), and took it for a spin this morning. It was quite aggressive, with lots of blade feel. But, it also gave me a really, really close shave. It’s 10 hours post-shave and I am still smooth! It reminds me of the Muhle R41, except that it is heavier and classier.

What I find really interesting is that it looks really similar in design to the Hybrid Tech, and the Hybrid Tech is probably the smoothest and least aggressive shaver I’ve used. I realize that the blade exposure determines ‘aggression’, but it is still interesting that two really similar-looking razors can be at opposite ends of the aggression scale.

I had previously shaved with a New Improved — but sold it. This Deluxe is probably not going anywhere anytime soon. It’s well-balanced, a pleasure to use and to hold and is a sturdy addition to my den.
Where does the New Standard fit into these models?

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Congrats Dan. This is one of the last razors I really want to acquire and yours looks fantastic!
Thank you, Tom. It was hidden and obscured in an old Tech box, badly in need of some TLC. It cleaned up quite nicely, as many of these neglected vintages tend to do.

Hannah's Dad

Put the hybrid Tech cap on the Deluxe baseplate, it should make it milder yet still efficient.
I wish I could! This Deluxe requires the longer threaded cap.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 6

Hannah's Dad

Great links, guys! Thanks so much for making this (and so many others) a wonderful thread.

Top Bottom