What's new

New DE Razor Convert Checking In!

Hello! Great to be a part of a huge community with an (what seems to be) endless well of information! I would say I'm off to an ok start. I began with an Shavely TTO razor from Dollar General a couple months ago. It's junk, but it got me into it. I now have a Parker 87R that I use, though I'm not altogether pleased with it. I haven't really had any trouble with it, other than the build quality is a little rough. Only a slight nick using a Feather Blade (lol I took that thing out immediately...it's not for this neck). Using Personna Platinum blades seems to have evened things out. Still trying to find my way to a razor to call home.

Last edited:
Welcome!
I was just a few months ahead of you and stop by here every day for knowledge and even a few laughs sometimes.
You're off to a good start. Don't be shy about asking questions. It's a good group here and very generous as well.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Hello! Great to be a part of a huge community with an (what seems to be) endless well of information! I would say I'm off to an ok start. I began with an Shavely TTO razor from Dollar General a couple months ago. It's junk, but it got me into it. I now have a Parker 87R that I use, though I'm not altogether pleased with it. I haven't really had any trouble with it, other than the build quality is a little rough. Only a slight nick using a Feather Blade (lol I took that thing out immediately...it's not for this neck). Using Personna Platinum blades seems to have evened things out. Still trying to find my way to a razor to call home.
Welcome to the family! If you only got a ‘slight nick’ from a Feather this early in your journey, you, my friend, are way ahead of the game. If you can master the Feathers in your Parker, you’ll save lots of money and effort and can end your journey with a fantastic combination. Then you can dive into the soaps and brushes rabbit hole.

Welcome to B&B! Home of the Dow Jones listed Enablers, Inc! our usual answer to your questions is “get both“ :cuppa:

Enjoy your shaves!

Guido

The razor to call home is a Henson in medium. Soap up to you but don’t forget some of the modern technical creams out there.

Shaving with a Feather right at the beginning is a bit like jumping in the lake to learn how to swim. 😝

Sticking with the Plats for now is probably the way to go.

You'll likely be surprised down the road how easy the Feather can be once your technique matures a bit.

Welcome, it sounds like we started down the safety razor path at roughly the same time. You could not have found a better and more helpful forum to start your journey. Enjoy!

Top Bottom