What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

New Carter Hall

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I threw a tub of the new Carter Hall in with a Smoking Pipes order awhile back...the tub says made in the Dominican Republic. I popped it open recently and I don't really notice much, if any, difference in the new stuff compared to the Middleton made. Anyone else tried the new stuff yet?

Also, when Dunhill announced they were discontinuing Royal Yacht I bought two sleeves of it. I was poking around in the tinned tobacco section of SP the other day and saw where Peterson had picked it up. Supposed to be the same as the Dunhill blend. Anyone tried the Peterson blend?

I have some of both of the Royal Yachts. I haven't done a comparison yet. Although I know there will be some differences due to age, crops, etc. I expect they will be close though.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Moderator Emeritus
Also, when Dunhill announced they were discontinuing Royal Yacht I bought two sleeves of it. I was poking around in the tinned tobacco section of SP the other day and saw where Peterson had picked it up. Supposed to be the same as the Dunhill blend. Anyone tried the Peterson blend?
Same recipe and manufacturering plant. Only thing that has changed is the Peterson name. There will be variation due to crop changes.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I threw a tub of the new Carter Hall in with a Smoking Pipes order awhile back...the tub says made in the Dominican Republic. I popped it open recently and I don't really notice much, if any, difference in the new stuff compared to the Middleton made. Anyone else tried the new stuff yet?

With Middleton and Lane moving production to DR I doubt there will be any change in their blends. I expect they moved their operations for lower cost of production - taxes and labor perhaps. I could be wrong of course - my wife will always support that assumption - that I could be wrong that is.

With Middleton and Lane moving production to DR I doubt there will be any change in their blends. I expect they moved their operations for lower cost of production - taxes and labor perhaps. I could be wrong of course - my wife will always support that assumption - that I could be wrong that is.
I keep imagining that Carter Hall will suddenly taste and smell more like a cheap cigar than a pipe tobacco. Probably unfounded.

Probably.

Top Bottom