What's new

New Bodyshop Maca Root Creme worse than old version?

I am quite frustrated as after long research and experimentation I found the best shaving cream for me and even my wife when she shaves her legs: The Bodyshop Maca Root Shave Cream. Now it's not produced anymore, but a new version called "Maca Root & Aloe Softening Shaving Cream" - not so rich and comfortable anymore. Am I the only one having that impression?
I really want the old version back!
I attach images of the two, so it will be more clear which I mean.

Old version:
4482581_001.jpg
New version:
71k7XWXUBXL._SX466_.jpg

I picked up the new one on discount, but haven't used it yet. I'd have to rely on my memory to compare it to the original. Perhaps I'll try it tomorrow.

What does your wife think?

I picked up the new one on discount, but haven't used it yet. I'd have to rely on my memory to compare it to the original. Perhaps I'll try it tomorrow.

What does your wife think?

Well, we both don't like the new one - the old version was perfect for us two.
But will be interesting how you experience the new.

I am quite frustrated as after long research and experimentation I found the best shaving cream for me and even my wife when she shaves her legs: The Bodyshop Maca Root Shave Cream. Now it's not produced anymore, but a new version called "Maca Root & Aloe Softening Shaving Cream" - not so rich and comfortable anymore. Am I the only one having that impression?
I really want the old version back!

yeah_that.gif

I heard amazing things about this cream. Went and bought it a couple of weeks ago, but only found the performance "adequate".
This might explain why, I'm sad I didn't get to try the old formula.

I only tried the new formulation and the performance was good and was easy to lather. A decent cream but I do prefer many soaps over it. It's more of a quick easy in and out kind of cream.

I have both formulas. The old one is better, but the new one isn't terrible. I have found the old formula at TJ Maxx in the past. After all this madness is behind us, maybe you can try your luck there.

Used it today, on a day and half of growth. I thought it was fine. A little more airy than the original, but still slick. Next time I'll use a little more product. Smells the same to me, or at least very similar.

I heard amazing things about this cream. Went and bought it a couple of weeks ago, but only found the performance "adequate".
This might explain why, I'm sad I didn't get to try the old formula.

I have written about this cream (new version) in the past and have mentioned that it worked well for me. But unno what? As time has moved on and I have tried more creams and soaps, I’d have to say this cream is slowly migrating down the list. It’s good for sure, but I have used better.

I think I’ll used it today to refresh my memory.

Everythings are changing with time. The scent is less intense than previous one.

I find the scent very offputting to be very honest, and perhaps that’s why I don’t reach for it very often.

What note is in there that I’m smelling? The aloe? Someone help me out. Whatever it is, I don’t like it.

Then again, I love Tabac, so go figure.

I find the scent very offputting to be very honest, and perhaps that’s why I don’t reach for it very often.

What note is in there that I’m smelling? The aloe? Someone help me out. Whatever it is, I don’t like it.

Then again, I love Tabac, so go figure.
I smell a clean, somewhat medicinal scent. Very mild and inoffensive for me nose.

Never tried it. Never heard of it.
But it doesnt surprise me that a company changed the formula to something worse. See Williams soap and Old Spice aftershave for examples.

Top Bottom