What's new

New Blade EVERY time?

It’s been 2 years since i used a cart so i’ll be interested to see what it’s like going back.
I use a Mach 3 when I travel. I told my wife it's like shaving with a cheese grater. Sure is fast, though, and in general cuts close.

With good soap and prep, and balm afterwards, I could survive. But I like the fineness and ritual of de.

HVAC air filter and dog meds 1st of the month, new blade every Sunday night when I also take the trash out. I may use a few different razors each week, so a routine helps keep an aging mind from wandering.

B

Barney14

I used to change blades every shave but now it's around every two weeks, I used a GSB today on it's 5th shave, still sharp and smooth.

I use a new blade every time but I only shave every 3-4 days. My face has very coarse hair but my skin is sensitive, I prefer my blades to be optimal.

Change my blade whenever I feel like trying a new blade, because I have never actually dulled one through shaving (to the point that it's uncomfortable). I have sparse growth, I'd say medium coarseness now, and grows pretty much parallel to my skin in all directions (horrible, I know). I'm sure I could easily make it through a year with a 5-pack of GSB/Polsilver/AstraSP/BlueDiamond. EASILY.

I disassemble my Gillette Tech, rinse it, dry it, rinse the blade, dry it between 1 (EXACTLY ONE) square of tissue paper, leave it disassembled while I shower, then reassemble. Don't bother knowing which way is which and which side has been used more times on the blade itself.

But I have phases where I switch to a straight for months on end, so take my opinion on DE's with a grain of salt.

I change blades after 2-4 uses depending on brand. But interestingly carts: Gillette up to 15-20 uses...maybe it a matter of price.... :em2700:

I need to start the alcohol dip. Thanks sir.
My humidity is so low that blades dry almost immediately. After a shave, I rinse the razor & blade, swirling it around in hot water, then remove the blade & wipe down the razor surfaces. I hold the blade by one end & flick it a couple of times to remove water droplets, then do the same while holding the other end. By the time I'm done, the blade is dry & ready to replace in the razor.
For alcohol, consider vodka or even everclear. That way you'll be environmentally responsible by drinking the used alcohol rather than pouring it down the drain ...

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My humidity is so low that blades dry almost immediately. After a shave, I rinse the razor & blade, swirling it around in hot water, then remove the blade & wipe down the razor surfaces. I hold the blade by one end & flick it a couple of times to remove water droplets, then do the same while holding the other end. By the time I'm done, the blade is dry & ready to replace in the razor.
For alcohol, consider vodka or even everclear. That way you'll be environmentally responsible by drinking the used alcohol rather than pouring it down the drain ...
Ha ha! Smart man.

Top Bottom