What's new

New Batch of Custom Razors

Coming up on the home stretch. This is the clamping process I used to attach the red fiber board to the bottom of the box. On the bottom, of course, is the red fiber board. One joint up is the box frame and the styrofoam bottom that was sanded flush with it. I used carpenter's glue to adhere everything. Since I needed about an hour to hold everything together while the glue cured, this was how I did it.

The two blond rail sticks were laying loose on top of the frame to create a raised surface and eliminate the possibility of scarring on the frame and from leaving any indents to the flocked styrofoam. The bridge of wood spanned everything to create an equal downward pressure on the glue joint. The clamp is T-slotted in the base and marries to a pin that is pushed up through the surface of the workbench. When not in use the pin is recessed below the surface of the bench top.

View attachment 124325

You can see the recessed pin in this pic.

attachment.php

how much for one of these badass blades.. I just started with a DE and would love to get a strait to give it a shot at

He indicated earlier that he was thinking it would come in under $2,000. This ain't exactly your "ideal" first razor.

What it is, however, is beautiful. I think it's an awesome touch that it's sitting in a custom box. A true heirloom of a razor, Bill.

He indicated earlier that he was thinking it would come in under $2,000. This ain't exactly your "ideal" first razor.

What it is, however, is beautiful. I think it's an awesome touch that it's sitting in a custom box. A true heirloom of a razor, Bill.
Thanks for the kind words...

I didn't have the heart to pop the bubble... :wink2: Since I like the guy who bought it, I shaved off $400 from the estimate. :ohmy: Still... a mortgage payment in some parts of the country, though, huh?

I didn't have the heart to pop the bubble... :wink2: Since I like the guy who bought it, I shaved off $400 from the estimate. :ohmy: Still... a mortgage payment in some parts of the country, though, huh?

Quite frankly, I'd almost rather have the razor, I thank you.

One day.. It is definatly a quality tool and piece of art

The guy who is receiving this razor is one lucky guy to be able to obtain such an Heirloom :thumbup1: It also sounds to me that he owes you some Bud Light Lime for your generosity. :001_smile

That price is absolutely an amazing deal.

When you add up the raw materials, time, skill, tools etc etc - it is quite obvious that you do this for the love of art and creation. Which is the way it should be.

I've done enough engraving work to know how difficult it really is.

Thanks so much for taking us along on this journey. It take time and effort to photograph and post on this board. Everyone appreciates it and gains alot from your kindness.

Steve

Top Bottom