What's new

never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
But the standard Brit Tech is a fine razor as well.

Yes it is. Mine is one of my favorite techs.

~doug~
The mid-1950s English #24 is a great Tech. One of my favorites.
1956 (B1 on blade) No24 Tech England.jpeg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 116 of 116 = 100%
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance (SASA)
Tech Tuesday
Vintage April
20220426_092159~2.jpg

Razor: Gillette England Tech/NEW Hybrid (CG Copper Maze Handle)
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Volcanic Ash Handle (TNS 26mm Original BOSS Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: WSP Formula T Tobacco
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Fragrance: Belcam Nitro EdT Spray

The Hybrid Tech is an elegant and highly effective razor. Truly a pleasure to use. :001_wub: :thumbup:
20220426_092251~2.jpg

The Wild West Brushworks Volcanic Ash Handle (TNS 26mm Original BOSS Fan) is one of my top brushes! Excellent performance! :thumbup:

WSP Formula T Tobacco runs with the best soaps in my Den. Easy to lather. Exceptional performance. Great face feel! :thumbup:
20220426_092338~2.jpg

Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum Aftershave provides a wonderful compliment to my shave. Followed with the very nice Belcam Nitro EdT Spray for a great finish. Happy Shaves, Happy Days! :thumbup:

Superb top tier shave! :cool:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 117 of 117 = 100%
Vintage April
20220427_072316~2.jpg

Razor: Gillette Goodwill 160 (CG Brass Dimpled Handle)
Blade: Personna Med Prep (4)
Brush: RazoRock Hive 24 Mokasoft HD
Aftershave: WSP Tobacco
Fragrance: Bourbon by B&BW EdT Spray

The Gillette Goodwill 160 is a wonderful razor that has the "Goodwill Magic". Efficient, smooth and nimble. A pleasure to use! :thumbup:
20220427_072353~2.jpg

The RazoRock Hive 24 Mokasoft HD Synthetic a really cool synthetic brush and an excellent value! :thumbup:

WSP Formula T Tobacco runs with the best soaps in my Den. Easy to lather. Exceptional performance. Great face feel! :thumbup:
20220427_072449~2.jpg

WSP Tobacco is an excellent aftershave. Very satisfying! Sprayed on Bourbon by Bath & Body Works EdT before going out for the day. A lighter scent than I normally wear, but it works really well with my body chemistry. Excellent combination! :thumbup:

Superb shave! :cool:

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 118 of 118 = 100%
Vintage April
20220428_074928~2.jpg

Razor: Barbasol Floating Head
Blade: Personna Med Prep (5 and retired)
Brush: Shavemac Butterscotch Beagle (Shavemac 22mm 2-Band Silvertip)

The Barbasol Floating Head razor shaves like a smoother and more refined R41, while still being at least as efficient. Definitely gets through the whiskers. Fairly low profile head. High Efficiency + Smooth + Nimble&Maneuverable = a Highly Effective razor. Resides in the Big Dogs Category. :thumbup:
20220428_075021~2.jpg

The Shavemac Butterscotch Beagle, with Shavemac 22mm 2-band Silvertip knot, is a really cool brush! Excellent performance! :thumbup:
20220427_072449~2.jpg

Same soap, aftershave and fragrance as yesterday! :thumbup:

365 Shaves in 2022: 118 of 118 = 100%
Vintage April
View attachment 1447326
Razor: Barbasol Floating Head
Blade: Personna Med Prep (5 and retired)
Brush: Shavemac Butterscotch Beagle (Shavemac 22mm 2-Band Silvertip)

The Barbasol Floating Head razor shaves like a smoother and more refined R41, while still being at least as efficient. Definitely gets through the whiskers. Fairly low profile head. High Efficiency + Smooth + Nimble&Maneuverable = a Highly Effective razor. Resides in the Big Dogs Categor
The Shavemac Butterscotch Beagle, with Shavemac 22mm 2-band Silvertip knot, is a really cool brush! Excellent performance! :thumbup:
View attachment 1447328

Beautiful looking razor. Appears to be slightly similar to a Fatip but in a SB version of the OC if I express myself clearly enough. Being from the 1930s I imagine that this is an all-brass razor as well.

Very informative post as always, David.

Thanks,

Guido

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Beautiful looking razor. Appears to be slightly similar to a Fatip but in a SB version of the OC if I express myself clearly enough. Being from the 1930s I imagine that this is an all-brass razor as well.

Very informative post as always, David.

Thanks,

Guido
Thank you, Guido. :)

My understanding is that the Barbasol Floating Head and Non-Floating Head razors are both Nickel on Brass. :)

Going with the Non-Floating Head razor for today's shave. :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 119 of 119 = 100%
Clubman Friday
Vintage April
20220429_140358~2.jpg

Razor: Barbasol Non-Floating Head
Blade: Personna Med Prep (1)
Brush: Semogue Owners Club (SOC) Premium Boar, Taj Resin Handle
Aftershave: Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods

The Barbasol Non-Floating Head razor is similar to the Floating Head. Like the Floating Head, it definitely gets through the whiskers. Low profile head. Very similar rating: High Efficiency + Smooth + Nimble&Maneuverable = a Highly Effective razor. Even though I give a slight preference to the Floating Head, the Non-Floating Head is also in the Big Dogs Category. The Barbasol Floating Head and Non-Floating Head are two superb vintage razors! :thumbup:
20220429_140428~2.jpg

The Semogue Owners Club (SOC) Premium Boar is one of my favorite brushes. Excellent performance! :thumbup:
20220429_140519~2.jpg

Went with the wonderful Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods aftershave for Clubman Friday. Same soap and fragrance as yesterday! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 120 of 120 = 100%
Last Shave of Vintage April 2022
20220430_131329~2.jpg

Razor: Swing DE (Sweden) (Timeless Crown TRH8 Polished Titanium Handle)
Blade: Personna Med Prep (2)
Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 B&B Contributors Brush (Mühle 25mm STF)

Finishing up Vintage April with a fantastic vintage razor, the Swedish Swing DE. The Swing is efficient, smooth, nimble, maneuverable and highly effective. Really cool vintage razor that is a pleasure to use! :thumbup:
20220430_131417~2.jpg

The Rudy Vey 2022 B&B Contributors Brush (Mühle 25mm STF) is awesome! Excellent performance! :thumbup:
20220429_140519~2.jpg

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
365 Shaves in 2022: 120 of 120 = 100%
Last Shave of Vintage April 2022
View attachment 1448403
Razor: Swing DE (Sweden) (Timeless Crown TRH8 Polished Titanium Handle)
Blade: Personna Med Prep (2)
Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 B&B Contributors Brush (Mühle 25mm STF)

Finishing up Vintage April with a fantastic vintage razor, the Swedish Swing DE. The Swing is efficient, smooth, nimble, maneuverable and highly effective. Really cool vintage razor that is a pleasure to use! :thumbup:
View attachment 1448404
The Rudy Vey 2022 B&B Contributors Brush (Mühle 25mm STF) is awesome! Excellent performance! :thumbup:
View attachment 1448405

What kind of legs does that Whisk(e)y Woods have my friend? I have be SO LAX in usin' my Clubman, and I love that stuff... just don't want to give the War Department any ammunition against me in all my AS buying disorders!

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 121 of 121 = 100%
Blackland Brotherhood
Single Edge Sunday
20220430_210104~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB (Timeless Crown TRH8 Titanium Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline (1)
Brush: Rudy Vey The Favorite (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan)
Aftershave: Original Stetson Aftershave Splash
Fragrance: Original Stetson Cologne Splash

Every shave with the Blackland Razors Vector SB is wonderful! Kicking things up a notch today with a Schick Proline blade. The Vector remains my favorite razor! :thumbup:
20220430_210140~2.jpg

Rudy Vey's The Favorite (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan) is an outstanding brush. Highly ergonomic handle plus the Shavemac 2-Band Silvertip Fan rocks! :punk: :thumbup:

20220430_210234~2.jpg

For today's Aftershave and Fragrance, I went with two of my longtime favorites: Original Stetson Aftershave Splash and Original Stetson Cologne Splash. Styling for Sunday Brunch! :thumbup:

365 Shaves in 2022: 121 of 121 = 100%
Blackland Brotherhood
Single Edge Sunday
View attachment 1448784
Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB (Timeless Crown TRH8 Titanium Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline (1)
Brush: Rudy Vey The Favorite (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan)
Aftershave: Original Stetson Aftershave Splash
Fragrance: Original Stetson Cologne Splash

Every shave with the Blackland Razors Vector SB is wonderful! Kicking things up a notch today with a Schick Proline blade. The Vector remains my favorite razor! :thumbup:
View attachment 1448785
Rudy Vey's The Favorite (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan) is an outstanding brush. Highly ergonomic handle plus the Shavemac 2-Band Silvertip Fan rocks! :punk: :thumbup:

View attachment 1448786
For today's Aftershave and Fragrance, I went with two of my longtime favorites: Original Stetson Aftershave Splash and Original Stetson Cologne Splash. Styling for Sunday Brunch! :thumbup:

The Vector with any blade, any soap, and any brush, is always a great shave experience.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 122 of 122 = 100%
MdC Monday
20220502_064936~2.jpg

Razor: Colonial Razors The General V2 (Timeless TRH6 Titanium Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline (2)
Brush: Rudy Vey Marbled Butterscotch (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan)
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Fragrance: Classic Match Homme EdT Spray

Colonial Razors The General V2 is my #2 AC blade razor, right behind the Vector. Very comfortable shave. The General is an excellent Big Dog razor! :thumbup:
20220502_065041~2.jpg

The Rudy Vey Marbled Butterscotch (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan) is exceptionally ergonomic and very easy to grip. This brush is a joy to use! :thumbup:

Martin de Candre Nature is as good as soap gets. Exceptional performance! :thumbup:
20220502_065133~2.jpg

Pinaud Clubman provides a wonderful finish to my shave! Applied Classic Match Homme EdT Spray before going out for the day. Very satisfying! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 123 of 123 = 100%
Tech Tuesday
20220503_071926~2.jpg

Razor: Gillette Canada Pre-War Tech (Timeless Crown TRH8 Polished Titanium Handle)
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Rudy Vey Keyhole (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan)
Lather: RazoRock Plague Doctor
Aftershave: RazoRock Plague Doctor
Fragrance: Classic Match Volatile EdT Spray

The Gillette Canada Pre-War Tech is one of my favorite Techs and definitely a Big Dog! Superb performance! :thumbup:
20220503_072039~2.jpg

The Rudy Vey Keyhole (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan) is one of my favorite brushes! The RV Keyhole is a pleasure to use! :thumbup:

My soap this week is RazoRock Plague Doctor. Easy to lather. Excellent performance. Great face feel. Impressive! :thumbup:
20220503_072127~2.jpg

The RazoRock Plague Doctor Aftershave pairs with the soap so well that I plan to use it this week as well. Feels great on my face! Applied Classic Match Volatile EdT Spray before going out for the day. Bold scent! Very satisfying! :thumbup:

365 Shaves in 2022: 123 of 123 = 100%
Tech Tuesday
View attachment 1449966
Razor: Gillette Canada Pre-War Tech (Timeless Crown TRH8 Polished Titanium Handle)
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Rudy Vey Keyhole (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan)
Lather: RazoRock Plague Doctor
Aftershave: RazoRock Plague Doctor
Fragrance: Classic Match Volatile EdT Spray

The Gillette Canada Pre-War Tech is one of my favorite Techs and definitely a Big Dog! Superb performance! :thumbup:
View attachment 1449967
The Rudy Vey Keyhole (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan) is one of my favorite brushes! The RV Keyhole is a pleasure to use! :thumbup:

My soap this week is RazoRock Plague Doctor. Easy to lather. Excellent performance. Great face feel. Impressive! :thumbup:
View attachment 1449968
The RazoRock Plague Doctor Aftershave pairs with the soap so well that I plan to use it this week as well. Feels great on my face! Applied Classic Match Volatile EdT Spray before going out for the day. Bold scent! Very satisfying! :thumbup:

Seems all of the RazoRock soaps are great performers and easy to create a good lather. I find a little goes a very long way!

Top Bottom