never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 363 for 363 = 100%
Blackland Brotherhood
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance (SASA)
20211229_164426~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB (TiBam Ti New York Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (3)
Brush: Zenith S10 26mm Synthetic
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Zingari Man The Wanderer
Aftershave: Lucky Tiger Skin Tonic

Pretty much the same kit as yesterday, different brush. :)

The Blackland Razors Vector is a thoroughly impressive razor and an absolute joy to use! :thumbup:
20211229_164456~2.jpg

The Zenith S10 26mm Synthetic has good backbone and scrub - especially for a synthetic. Plus, I really like the handle. Very enjoyable! :thumbup:

Zingari Man The Wanderer is an excellent performing soap! :thumbup:
20211229_164547~2.jpg

Lucky Tiger Skin Tonic is refreshing and has a light citrus scent :thumbup:

Superb Shave! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 364 for 364 = 100%
Blackland Brotherhood
20211230_182207~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB (TiBam Ti New York Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (4)
Brush: Graydog Chess (TNS 26mm Silver Synth)

With the exception of a different brush each day, the rest of my Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday kits have been the same. :cool:
20211230_182251~2.jpg

The Graydog Chess (TNS 26mm Silver Synth knot) is a wonderful brush. The handle is very comfortable in my hand. The TNS Silver Synth knot builds a great lather and transfers said lather to my beard very comfortably! :thumbup:
20211230_182337~2.jpg

Another superb and very satisfying shave! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20211231 New Year's Eve 🥳
365 Shaves in 2021: 365 for 365 = 100% 🥳
Clubman Friday
Fatip Friday
20211231_181603~2.jpg

Razor: Fatip Piccolo SE (Grande Handle)
Blade: German Bolzano (1)
Brush: Omega EVO
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

The combination of the Fatip Piccolo SE + the German Bolzano is a total pleasure to use. Efficient, Smooth and Effective. :thumbup:
20211231_181638~2.jpg

The Omega EVO is an outstanding synthetic brush that performs wonderfully. :thumbup:

Zingari Man The Wanderer is an excellent soap! :thumbup:
20211231_181719~2.jpg

For New Year's Eve and Clubman Friday, I went with one of my favorite Bay Rums - Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum! :thumbup:

Superb Shave! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20210101 Happy New Year 🥳
365 Shaves in 2022: 1 of 1 = 100%
Blackland Brotherhood
20220101_181307~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB (TiBam Ti Antique Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (5)
Brush: Frickwerkz handle (PAA 26mm Roswell Grey Hybrid Synthetic knot)
Lather: Goodfellas Smile Sea Citrus
Aftershave: Epsilon Mediterranean Blue

The Blackland Razors Vector is a thoroughly impressive razor and an absolute joy to use! :thumbup:
20220101_181358~2.jpg

The Frickwerkz handle (PAA 26mm Roswell Grey Hybrid Synthetic knot) feels substantial in the hand - very comfortable. The combined brush quickly and easily whips up a wonderful lather. A very nice brush! :thumbup:

The Goodfellas Smile Sea Citrus is a wonderful soap. Great lather, slick, nice cushion and very nice post shave feel! :thumbup:
20220101_181435~2.jpg

For my New Year's Day aftershave I decided on the refreshing Epsilon Mediterranean Blue. My face is happy! :thumbup:

A superb and very satisfying New Year's Day DFS++ shave! :thumbup:

Check out my Journal for shave notes and other musings:
never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 2 of 2 = 100%
Blackland Brotherhood
Single Edge Sunday
20220102_180532~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB (TiBam Ti Antique Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (6)
Brush: Edwin Jagger Imitation Horn (25mm Synthetic Silver Tip)
Lather: Goodfellas Smile Sea Citrus

The Blackland Razors Vector is a joy to use! :thumbup:
20220102_180556~2.jpg

The Edwin Jagger Imitation Horn (25mm Synthetic Silver Tip) is one of my top synthetic brushes. Very enjoyable! :thumbup:

The Goodfellas Smile Sea Citrus is a wonderful soap! :thumbup:
20220102_180630~2.jpg

Lucky Tiger Skin Tonic is refreshing and has a nice citrus scent. My face is happy! :thumbup:

A superb and very satisfying DFS++ shave! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 3 of 3 = 100%
Blackland Brotherhood
MdC Monday
20220103_165805~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB (TiBam Ti Radiator Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (7)
Brush: Rudy Vey Emerald Green AS3M (Mühle 25mm STF)
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave: Brut Classic

Blackland Razors Vector - 'nuff said! :thumbup:
20220103_165901~2.jpg

The Rudy Vey Emerald Green AS3M handle with Mühle 25mm STF synthetic knot is a great combination and a great brush! :thumbup:

Martin de Candre soap is as good as shaving soap gets! :thumbup:
20220103_165941~2.jpg

Brut Classic is a perfect match for MdC Fougère. My face is happy! :thumbup:

A superb and very satisfying DFS++ shave! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 4 of 4 = 100%
20220104_093316~2.jpg

Razor: Charcoal Goods Brass Gen 3 Level 2
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (2)
Brush: Rudy Vey B&B 2020 Contributors Handle (TNS 24mm Original BOSS)
Lather: TFS Rasozero - Barbacco
Aftershave: TFS Intense Line - Tabacum Crepito

First shave with the new Charcoal Goods Brass Gen 3 Level 2 razor. This new Level 2 is based on the Everyday Razor geometry. It is not compatible with the earlier Gen 2 cap. There is a lot of positive "buzz" around this new Gen 3 Level 2 plate. So, how does it shave? I am pleased to report that my first shave was very good. Without assigning any qualitative rankings after only one shave, the CG G3 L2 is somewhere in the Medium efficient, Medium smooth and Medium effective range. My one (so far) nit to pick is that the new Gen 3 Level 2 head is not as nimble and maneuverable as the no longer available Gen 2 Level 2 head, and I do tend to favor razors that are nimble and maneuverable. That's about all I'll say for now, at least until I get more shaves with this razor. More to follow. :thumbup:
20220104_093404~2.jpg

Love my Rudy Vey B&B 2020 Contributors brush! :thumbup:

TFS Rasozero - Barbacco soap is quite good. A very satisfying soap! :thumbup:
20220104_093511~2.jpg

TFS Intense Line - Tabacum Crepito is a wonderful match for the TFS Rasozero - Barbacco soap. My face is happy! :thumbup:

A satisfying DFS shave! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 5 of 5 = 100%
20220105_141059~2.jpg

Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (3)
Brush: Rudy Vey Irish Bog Oak (Mühle 25mm STF)

Same kit as the 1/4/2022 shave with the exception of the brush. :)

Shave #2 with the new Charcoal Goods Brass Gen 3 Level 2 razor. Went with a medium steep angle and my standard 3-Pass plus Touchups process. Today's shave with the CG G3 L2 was somewhere in the medium minus efficient, medium smooth and medium effective range. As noted yesterday, the new Gen 3 Level 2 head is not as nimble and maneuverable as my Top Tier Big Dog Razors (the Gillette Hybrid Tech, Blackland Razors Vector and Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird are in the Top Tier of my Big Dogs, as is the CG Gen 2 Level 2). Nimble and maneuverable are two (of several) characteristics that are really important to me. I think I'll go with either a Feather, Perma-Sharp or Personna Israeli Platinum Red blade for my 1/6/2022 shave to see how different blades match up. More to follow. :thumbup:
20220105_141135~2.jpg

Love my Rudy Vey Irish Bog Oak (Mühle 25mm STF) brush! :thumbup:

Used the same TFS Rasozero - Barbacco soap and TFS Intense Line - Tabacum Crepito aftershave as yesterday. My face is happy! :thumbup:
20220105_141222~2.jpg

A good DFS- shave! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 6 of 6 = 100%
20220106_100925~2.jpg

Blade: Perma-Sharp (1)
Brush: Rudy Vey "The Favorite" (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan)

Two changes to the kit used on 1/4 & 1/5: 1) changed the blade to a fresh Perma-Sharp and 2) rotated in a different brush. :)

Shave #3 with the new Charcoal Goods Brass Gen 3 Level 2 razor with a fresh Perma-Sharp. Went through steep to neutral to shallow angles to try and get higher efficiency. Went with my standard 3-Pass plus Touchups technique. The Perma-Sharp seems to be about the same (on my face/beard, at least) match for the CG Brass G3 L2 as the Wizamet Super Iridium. Today's shave with the CG G3 L2 + Perma-Sharp blade was somewhere in the medium-- efficient, medium smooth and medium- effective range. I'll continue with my blade experiments on Saturday (after Fatip Friday). Nits to date: 1) the new Gen 3 Level 2 head is not as nimble, maneuverable or flexible (from a technique perspective) as my Top Tier Big Dog Razors or the CG Gen 2 Level 2. 2) the CG G3 L3 is not as efficient or effective as the CG G2 L2 or my Top Tier Big Dogs. I have a CG G3 L3 baseplate in route to see if that plate will get through my chaotic, barbed wire beard more effectively. The CG G3 L2 is a smooth and comfortable razor, there is no question about that, and that makes spending the time to get the correct combination of blade and technique time well spent. More to follow. :)
20220106_101033~2.jpg

With The Favorite, Rudy Vey crafted a handle that is very ergonomic and easy to use. Combined with the Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan, this is a really nice brush. :thumbup:

Used the same TFS Rasozero - Barbacco soap and TFS Intense Line - Tabacum Crepito aftershave as yesterday. My face is happy! :thumbup:
20220106_101130~2.jpg

Decent shave! :)

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 7 for 7 = 100%
Clubman Friday
Fatip Friday
20220107_103447~2.jpg

Razor: Fatip Piccolo SE (Grande Handle)
Blade: German Bolzano (2)
Brush: Omega EVO
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

The combination of the Fatip Piccolo SE + the German Bolzano is a total pleasure to use. Efficient, Smooth and Effective. I really like this razor/handle/blade combination! :thumbup:
20220107_103520~2.jpg

The Omega EVO is an outstanding synthetic brush that performs wonderfully. :thumbup:

20220107_103556~2.jpg

For Clubman Friday, I went with one of my favorite Bay Rums - Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum! :thumbup:

An Absolutely Superb Fatip Friday Shave! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 8 for 8 = 100%
20220108_094952~2.jpg

Razor: Charcoal Goods Brass Gen 2 Level 2
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (4)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Volcanic Ash Handle (TNS 26mm Original BOSS Fan)

Went with the Charcoal Goods Brass Gen 2 Level 2 today to gauge for myself how the Gen 2 and Gen 3 Level 2 heads compare. I used the same Wizamet Super Iridium blade and the same TFS Rasozero - Barbacco soap as I used with the Gen 3 Level 2. This is my opinion regarding my personal preferences for MY BEARD, SKIN & FACE. Throughout my shave, the Charcoal Goods Gen 2 Level 2 feels more efficient, nearly as smooth, more effective, more nimble, more maneuverable, more natural than the new Gen 3 Level 2. To me, the Gen 3 Level 2 is a very good razor, but the Gen 2 Level 2 is a great razor that provides me with superb results. Still looking to get more out of the Gen 3 design: I want to experiment with more blades in the Gen 3 Level 2 and am looking forward to bringing the Gen 3 Level 3 into the mix to see how it compares. In summary: The Gen 2 Level 2 enjoys a well deserved place as one of my Big Dog DEs! :thumbup:
20220108_095036~2.jpg

The Wild West Brushworks Volcanic Ash Handle (TNS 26mm Original BOSS Fan) is one of my top synthetic brushes. Very enjoyable! :thumbup:

20220108_095144~2.jpg

TFS Intense Line - Tabacum Crepito is a wonderful match for the TFS Rasozero - Barbacco soap. My face is happy! :thumbup:

A Superb Big Dog Shave! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 9 of 9 = 100%
Single Edge Sunday
20220109_101001~2.jpg

Razor: Feather SS Artist Club Folding Razor
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (8)
Brush: Edwin Jagger Imitation Horn (25mm Synthetic Silver Tip)

Taking a walk on the wild side today: First shave with the Feather SS Artist Club Folding Razor. A very capable razor that I really need to use more! :thumbup:
20220109_101044~2.jpg

The Edwin Jagger Imitation Horn (25mm Synthetic Silver Tip) is one of my top synthetic brushes. Very enjoyable! :thumbup:

20220109_101132~2.jpg

Really nice shave! :thumbup:

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
You’re reading my mind, David!

I’ve been thinking about shaving with my barber razor a lot lately (and getting some Sedef barber razors, too) and — Boom! — your Artist Club barber razor emerges from the depths.

Also been thinking the Edwin Jagger brushes with faux horn look like they’re amazing and — Boom! — yours hitched a ride to the sink in a styling copper lather bowl.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
You’re reading my mind, David!

I’ve been thinking about shaving with my barber razor a lot lately (and getting some Sedef barber razors, too) and — Boom! — your Artist Club barber razor emerges from the depths.

Also been thinking the Edwin Jagger brushes with faux horn look like they’re amazing and — Boom! — yours hitched a ride to the sink in a styling copper lather bowl.
Great minds do think alike. :)

You must have been sending out "positive vibes" - I was pondering what to use for today's shave when images of the Feather SS Artist Club Folding Razor and the Edwin Jagger Imitation Horn brush materialized in my brain. :cool:

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Taking a walk on the wild side today: First shave with the Feather SS Artist Club Folding Razor. A very capable razor that I really need to use more! :thumbup:
I love the AC SS razor. I use it sparingly, but always have a great shave when I do. I have zero patience for stropping and honing and all the other blade maintenance that comes with SR shaving. Believe me, I have tried to enjoy it, but just don’t. So this scratches that SR itch, without all the headache. Welcome to the AC club.

Top Bottom