What's new

never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge

Wonder how the Windsor Pro SB90 in SS and the Windsor Pro SB90 in aluminum differ other than weight. Perhaps I'm missing something generally known.

I've ordered the CR1 from the returns section, too, you enabler.

I'd seen both on the returns yesterday but forgotten about them when I ordered the CM1.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Congratulations! I ordered the SSR1 and SSH1 (returned & new), it's a pity not to get them before they are sold out.
The weight definitely plays a role, but I suspect something in the tiniest of measurements could have made that difference. The CM1 efficiency in aluminum Pro augmented to be in between M & R in Windsor SS for me.
Looking forward to hearing your experience with it.
Happy shaves...
J.A.

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 297 for 297 = 100%
Blackland Brotherhood
Bootlegger's Brigands
Single Edge Sunday
Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
20211024_115920~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB (Timeless TRH8 Ti Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (2)
Brush: Rudy Vey Butterscotch Beehive (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Van Yulay Puros La Habana
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado
Fragrance: Lagerfeld Classic

My high opinion regarding the Blackland Razors Vector SB (and OC) is well documented. A thoroughly impressive razor! :thumbup:
20211024_115955~2.jpg

The Rudy Vey Butterscotch Beehive with Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan is one of my favorite brushes. Love this brush! :thumbup:

The Van Yulay Tallow + Emu Oil based Puros La Habana soap is excellent! This soap has exceeded any expectations I had for it by a very wide margin. :thumbup:
20211024_120034~2.jpg

Am using one of my favorite Aftershave + Fragrance combinations today: Bootlegger's El Dorado + Lagerfeld Classic. Love this combination - plus it is very much "Bride Approved". :thumbup:

Superb, top tier shave! :cool:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 298 for 298 = 100%
MdC Monday
20211025_193926~2.jpg

Razor: ATT Windsor Pro Aluminum/Copper Mixed Metal CH1
Blade: Perma-Sharp (2)
Brush: Lowborn Supply Jaded Rose (Maggard 24mm SHD Fan)
Lather: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave: Brut Classic

Paired the ATT Windsor Pro Aluminum/Copper Mixed Metal CH1 SB razor with a Perma-Sharp blade - fantastic match for this razor! Went with a Steep Angle for the main passes, Shallower for touchups and buffing. Highly efficient, smooth and very effective razor. Very comfortable. Great results! :thumbup:
20211025_193952~2.jpg

The Lowborn Supply Jaded Rose handle with Maggard 24mm SHD Fan is a wonderful brush! Feels great on my face and in hand! :thumbup:

Martin de Candre soaps are some of the best soaps in my Den. Easy to lather. Exceptional performance. Great face feel. As good as shaving soap gets! :thumbup:
20211025_194026~2.jpg

Went with Brut Classic as my aftershave today. A great match with the MdC Fougère soap. :thumbup:

Superb shave! :cool:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 299 for 299 = 100%
20211026_210902~2.jpg

Blade: Perma-Sharp (3)
Brush: Ever-Ready 200 (26mm "Manchurian Finest" Knot)
Lather: Cyril R. Salter Hard Soap
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

Same razor and blade as yesterday. Same great feel and results! :thumbup:
20211026_210939~2.jpg

The Ever-Ready 200 is another favorite. The "Manchurian Finest" knot builds wonderful lathers. Not a soap hog. Some scrub. No "scritch". A very good brush :thumbup:

First shave with Cyril R. Salter Hard Soap. I'm a fan of the CRS tub creams and I am pleased to report that my initial impressions are very positive. This is pretty darn good soap! :thumbup:
20211026_211012~2.jpg

Went with one of the classic aftershaves of all time: Pinaud Clubman. :thumbup:

A superb kit and a superb shave! :cool:

365 Shaves in 2021: 299 for 299 = 100%
View attachment 1352989
Blade: Perma-Sharp (3)
Brush: Ever-Ready 200 (26mm "Manchurian Finest" Knot)
Lather: Cyril R. Salter Hard Soap
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman

Same razor and blade as yesterday. Same great feel and results! :thumbup:
View attachment 1352988
The Ever-Ready 200 is another favorite. The "Manchurian Finest" knot builds wonderful lathers. Not a soap hog. Some scrub. No "scritch". A very good brush :thumbup:

First shave with Cyril R. Salter Hard Soap. I'm a fan of the CRS tub creams and I am pleased to report that my initial impressions are very positive. This is pretty darn good soap! :thumbup:
View attachment 1352990
Went with one of the classic aftershaves of all time: Pinaud Clubman. :thumbup:

A superb kit and a superb shave!
The Aluminum Pro razor works great for me too when coupled with CH1, much smoother than the aluminum plate I feel!
Looking forward to your feedback on the CM1, surely not as efficient but it is the razor that works best for me with CM1.
Enjoy reading your posts 👍

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
The Aluminum Pro razor works great for me too when coupled with CH1, much smoother than the aluminum plate I feel!
Looking forward to your feedback on the CM1, surely not as efficient but it is the razor that works best for me with CM1.
Enjoy reading your posts 👍
Thank you, Sir! 👍

I enjoy reading your posts too. 👍

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 300 for 300 = 100%
Bootlegger's Brigands
20211027_152959~2.jpg

Blade: Perma-Sharp (4)
Brush: Opal 100 (24mm Best Badger)
Lather: Cyril R. Salter Solid Shaving Soap
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado

Hard to believe that this is shave number 300 in 2021! :cool:

Sticking with the ATT Windsor Pro Aluminum/Copper Mixed Metal CH1 razor and Perma-Sharp blade (on shave number four). This is a very efficient combination that is smooth enough to use every day! :thumbup:
20211027_153109~2.jpg

The vintage Opal 100, with 24mm Best Badger knot, is another brush that I reach for on a regular basis. Really neat little brush! :thumbup:

My soap this week is the Cyril R. Salter Solid Shaving Soap. Very positive impressions after my first two shaves. This is a very good soap! :thumbup:
20211027_153152~2.jpg

Aftershave today is Bootlegger's El Dorado. One of my favorite aftershaves and a tremendous value. :thumbup:

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 301 for 301 = 100%
Blackland Brotherhood
20211028_142856~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird
Blade: Perma-Sharp (5)
Brush: Rudy Vey Marbled Butterscotch Lemondrop (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan)
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

The Blackland Razors Ti Blackbird is a fantastic razor and sits at the top of my current Double Edge Big Dog razors. Efficient, very smooth and very effective! :thumbup:
20211028_142948~2.jpg

The Rudy Vey Marbled Butterscotch Lemondrop, with the Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan, is a superb brush and in my top tier of brushes. :thumbup:

My soap this week is the Cyril R. Salter Solid Shaving Soap. So far, my impressions of this soap are very positive! :thumbup:
20211028_143036~2.jpg

Back to the Bay Rums today: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum. A very nice Bay Rum aftershave and a great value. :thumbup:

Superb Top Tier Shave! :cool:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 302 for 302 = 100%
Clubman Friday
Fatip Friday
OCtober 2021
20211029_143546~2.jpg

Razor: Fatip Mixed Metal Lo Storto Originale
Blade: German Bolzano (3)
Brush: RazoRock Hive 24 Mokasoft HD Synthetic

The Mixed Metal Fatip Lo Storto Originale looks cool and shaves great! The FOCS + German Bolzano blade is a consistently wonderful combination. Efficient, smooth and effective - the FOCS rocks! 🦊 :punk: :thumbup:
20211029_143651~2.jpg

The RazoRock Hive 24 Mokasoft HD Synthetic is a very good brush and an excellent value. Loads great, lathers great and feels great. :thumbup:

My soap this week is the Cyril R. Salter Solid Shaving Soap. So far, my impressions of this soap are very positive! :thumbup:
20211029_143735~2.jpg

Continuing this week with Bay Rums: Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum is a very nice Bay Rum aftershave and a great value. :thumbup:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I found that the CM1 in the Stainless Windsor Pro was too mild for my face and whiskers. The Classic cap provides additional blade exposure and was a more efficient match.

Interesting. I'll have to try the CM1 with the Aluminum Windsor Pro. :)

I have the Windsor Pro SS cap. My other ATT caps are in the AC or slant platform.

YMMV, but I'm in love.

10-30-21.ATT.CM1.SemogueLE3Band.Shannon'sNIL.640JPG.JPG

Today's choice was the Atlas handle, CM1 baseplate, and Windsor Pro SS cap.

My findings? Wonderfully smooth, much more efficient than it has any right to be, and effective. This baseplate/cap combo is in a whole 'nother league from the SS Windsor Pro SB80.

At the moment I see no reason to acquire another ATT cap, but I'm in love.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
I have the Windsor Pro SS cap. My other ATT caps are in the AC or slant platform.

YMMV, but I'm in love.

View attachment 1354884

Today's choice was the Atlas handle, CM1 baseplate, and Windsor Pro SS cap.

My findings? Wonderfully smooth, much more efficient than it has any right to be, and effective. This baseplate/cap combo is in a whole 'nother league from the SS Windsor Pro SB80.

At the moment I see no reason to acquire another ATT cap, but I'm in love.

Happy shaves,

Jim
High praise indeed! I am very pleased that the CM1 matches up so well with your face! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 303 for 303 = 100%
Blackland Brotherhood
OCtober 2021
20211030_103500~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Brass Blackbird OC
Blade: Perma-Sharp (6 and retired)
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Venom Handle (TNS 26mm Timberwolf Fan)
Aftershave/Fragrance: PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum

First outing with the Brass Blackbird OC plate. Compared to the SB plate, the Brass Blackbird OC ups the efficiency slightly, but is slightly less smooth. The overall effectiveness is comparable - maybe a slight nod to the SB plate due to the edge in smoothness. Both are excellent! :thumbup:
20211030_103551~2.jpg

The Venom is another great looking and ergonomic handle from Wild West Brushworks. The TNS 26mm Timberwolf Fan loads, lathers and splays beautifully and feels wonderful on my face. :thumbup:

My soap this week is the Cyril R. Salter Solid Shaving Soap. This is a top tier soap and will definitely be in my regular rotation! :thumbup:
20211030_103636~2.jpg

Continuing this week with Bay Rums: PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum is an outstanding Bay Rum that is very complementary with my body chemistry! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
🎃 Happy Halloween 🎃
365 Shaves in 2021: 304 for 304 = 100%
Blackland Brotherhood
Bootlegger's Brigands
Single Edge Sunday
20211031_210342~2.jpg

Razor: Blackland Razors Vector SB (Timeless TRH8 Ti Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (3)
Brush: Rudy Vey Irish Bog Oak (Shavemac 25mm Silvertip Fibre)
Aftershave: Bootlegger's Bay Rum

My high opinion regarding the Blackland Razors Vector SB (and OC) is well documented. A thoroughly impressive razor! :thumbup:
20211031_210436~2.jpg

The Rudy Vey Irish Bog Oak (Shavemac 25mm Silvertip Fibre) is one of my favorite synthetic brushes! :thumbup:

My soap this week is the Cyril R. Salter Solid Shaving Soap. This is a top tier soap and will definitely be in my regular rotation! :thumbup:
20211031_210512~2.jpg

Continuing this week with Bay Rums: Bootlegger's Bay Rum is another outstanding Bay Rum that is very complementary with my body chemistry! :thumbup:

Superb, top tier shave! :cool:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 305 for 305 = 100%
MdC Monday
20211101_201024~2.jpg

Razor: ATT Windsor Pro Aluminum/Copper Mixed Metal CR1
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium
Brush: Heritage Ever-Ready 200 (Maggard 22mm SHD 2-Band Badger)
Lather: Martin de Candre Nature

Today, I paired the ATT Windsor Pro Aluminum/Copper Mixed Metal CR1 razor with a Wizamet Super Iridium blade - an outstanding match for this razor! Went with a Steep Angle for the main passes, Shallower for touchups and buffing. Efficient, smooth and very effective razor. Very comfortable. Superb results! :thumbup:
20211101_201133~2.jpg

The Heritage Ever-Ready 200 (Maggard 22mm SHD 2-Band Badger) is a wonderful brush! Feels great on my face and in hand! :thumbup:

Martin de Candre soaps are some of the best soaps in my Den. Easy to lather. Exceptional performance. Great face feel. As good as shaving soap gets! :thumbup:
20211101_201214~2.jpg

Still on a Bay Rum kick and Pinaud Clubman VIBR is very satisfying! :thumbup:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 306 for 306 = 100%
20211102_162830~2.jpg

Razor: ATT Windsor Pro Aluminum/Copper Mixed Metal CR1
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (3)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Lather: Shannons Soaps Barbershop
Aftershave: Shannons Soaps Barbershop
Fragrance: Original Penguin Reserve

Today, I paired the ATT Windsor Pro Aluminum/Copper Mixed Metal CR1 razor with a Personna Israeli Platinum Red blade - another outstanding match for this razor! Went with my usual steep angle for the main passes, then shallower for touchups and buffing. Efficient, smooth and very effective razor. Very comfortable. Superb results! :thumbup:
20211102_162928~2.jpg

The Simpson Trafalgar T3 is dense, has decent backbone and is still nice and soft on my face. Very good brush! :thumbup:

Shannons Soaps Barbershop is my soap this week. So far, a very nice soap. Lots of nice slick lather. More to follow as the week progresses. :thumbup:
20211102_163014~2.jpg

Shannons Soaps Barbershop is a very nice aftershave. Followed it with Original Penguin Reserve for a very satisfying combination! :thumbup:

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Had to look up the OPR.

Why wear two splashes, one on top of the other?

I get that one is an EDT and stronger but I suppose that means the SS Barbershop is short lasting. I guess the SSB is for immediate post shave scent and for the aftershave benefits and/or feelings on the skin, and the EDT is for long lasting scent.

Maybe I answered my own question?

I prefer the "aftershave & cologne" PAA products I generally use because they have a subtly long lasting scent and are also aftershaves.

Not that what I prefer should matter to anybody but me of course. Especially in scents.

I've probably never used an EDT in my life so color me ignorant and curious.

Happy shaves,

Jim

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Had to look up the OPR.

Why wear two splashes, one on top of the other?

I get that one is an EDT and stronger but I suppose that means the SS Barbershop is short lasting. I guess the SSB is for immediate post shave scent and for the aftershave benefits and/or feelings on the skin, and the EDT is for long lasting scent.

Maybe I answered my own question?

I prefer the "aftershave & cologne" PAA products I generally use because they have a subtly long lasting scent and are also aftershaves.

Not that what I prefer should matter to anybody but me of course. Especially in scents.

I've probably never used an EDT in my life so color me ignorant and curious.

Happy shaves,

Jim
I use aftershaves immediately post shave.

I apply the EdT just prior to leaving the house. The EdT is the dominant fragrance and lasts longer than the aftershave.

The PAA aftershave/fragrance products (I especially like the Atomic Age Bay Rum) may last longer than many aftershaves, but a good EdT lasts longer. Bootlegger's El Dorado has similar longevity as the PAA aftershave/fragrance products.

Just my opinion. :)

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2021: 307 for 307 = 100%
Wolfman Wednesday
20211103_082608~2.jpg

Razor: Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB (TiBam New York Handle)
Blade: Personna Israeli Platinum Red (4)
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Tyrion (Maggard 24mm SHD Fan Knot)
Lather: Shannons Soaps Barbershop
Aftershave: Floïd The Genuine
Fragrance: Cuba Orange EdT Spray

The Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB is one of my top DE Big Dogs. The Personna Israeli Platinum Red blade is a great match. Efficient, smooth and very effective! :thumbup:
20211103_082648~2.jpg

The Wolf Whiskers Tyrion (Maggard 24mm SHD Fan Knot) is a wonderful brush. The handle is very ergonomic and the Maggard SHD Fan is an excellent knot that won't break the bank. :thumbup:

Shannons Soaps Barbershop is my soap this week. So far, a very nice soap that I'm liking a lot. :thumbup:
20211103_082732~2.jpg

Finished today's shave with the outstanding Floïd The Genuine aftershave and followed with the wonderful Cuba Orange EdT Spray. Great combination! :thumbup:

Top Bottom