What's new

Need Suggestions for first Ever Ready 100 Restore

I was able to remove the ring, then I ran out of time. The opening measures around 22mm now. I will open up the hole more to fit my knot that is 24mm. I have to ask how far does the shelf go down. I am just past 20mm and I still haven't removed all the shelf.

I don't mean to hi Jack your thread, I just created a new one with the same type 100. How did you remove the cup?

I was able to remove the ring, then I ran out of time. The opening measures around 22mm now. I will open up the hole more to fit my knot that is 24mm. I have to ask how far does the shelf go down. I am just past 20mm and I still haven't removed all the shelf.

i made that mistale with my 100-T. I drilled to far and i ended up on the other end. I hope that some silicone will patch that up and work right after i put the knot in it.

Mrglock10mm, How's the restoration coming along?

I was able to find 600,1200 and 2000 grit at Lowes. The wet sanding went very well imo, i was able to remove some of the hue i was talking about, but there is still some around the middle (it's faded though). Overall i am happy with it, now i just have to find a way to seal the hole i made and pick a knot.

It going well however my plan has changed. My father just gave me his Ever Ready 100 that is also black and white. I decided to put my new knot in the one that was my fathers first.

I have removed the shelf and filled it in with epoxy and bb's. I am waiting for that to dry and then I will put my knot in.

Sorry to derail the project, I was really excited to get my fathers brush. $uploadfromtaptalk1396481129471.jpg

Thats really nice of you. And whoa, a 24mm i cant wait to see it.

edit: that looks great !!

Last edited:
I just got to set the knot. Now I am waiting for the epoxy to dry. I can't wait to try it once it cures. Man this is addicting!$uploadfromtaptalk1396484601126.jpg

Here is my first shave using my restored brush. I love how this brush feels and the size of the knot. I also like the extra weight that the bb's added. I face lather and this setup works great. How's your restore coming MrLara?$uploadfromtaptalk1396619433567.jpg

The black and white hairs on the knot go very well with the handle colors.

I am done sanding the handle down, i'm gonna go get some paint for the letters later today. I started with a 400, then i wet sanded with a 600, 1200 and finished with a 2000. I haven't polished it up, since i still have to paint the lettering.

putting the pics in spoilers since they are large images.

Before

After

Question for you guys, when i was removing the old knot on this ever ready. i got to trigger happy with the drill while trying to remove the last part of the old knot. And i accidentally drilled a hole straight through the middle of the handle that ended up on the bottom of it.

so my question is this. When i set the knot with the epoxy and stuff, will it be sealed enough that i don't have to worry about it? or should i fill in the hole with silicone (or something) let it dry and then set the knot?

Last pics from me on this (i promise)

the lettering:

most go with the gold, but keeping the black/white theme. I chose white lettering.

MrLara- that's looking good. I've gotten to use mine several times and I love it!

Smoothcrimnl- post some pictures of your brush when you have finished it.

Top Bottom