What's new

Need help identifying a Western Movie

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I need help identifying a western movie that i want to watch. I saw parts of the movie but i can't seem to remember the title. The movie is in black and white. The setting is a western US small town...circa 1880. Its raining. 3 or 4 men dressed in slickers come up the street and enter a saloon. They mean business. They enter the bar dripping with rain. They confront either good or bad men.

Thats all I've got...help me name the movie title.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Maybe "My Darling Clementine?". A John Ford classic. There's a scene almost like you describe about 11 minutes in:

Don
That's it, but not like i remember...exactly. My memory is shouty. I love that rain scene. Thanks for helping me with my memory.

That's it, but not like i remember...exactly. My memory is shouty. I love that rain scene. Thanks for helping me with my memory.
No problem. I've never seen the movie. Care to guess how I remember it? I saw that exact clip in a MASH TV episode years ago when the whole camp were in the rec tent watching the movie. I remembered Walter Brennan and Henry Fonda, THEN I did a search for western movies with those two, and I found "My Darling Clementine."

Everyone's memory is "shouty," Aaron.

Don

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
The movie is in black and white. The setting is a western US small town...circa 1880. Its raining. 3 or 4 men dressed in slickers come up the street and enter a saloon. They mean business. They enter the bar dripping with rain. They confront either good or bad men.

Almost every western ever made. :tongue_sm

The one that came to my mind was Open Range but thats not a B&W movie.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
No problem. I've never seen the movie. Care to guess how I remember it? I saw that exact clip in a MASH TV episode years ago when the whole camp were in the rec tent watching the movie. I remembered Walter Brennan and Henry Fonda, THEN I did a search for western movies with those two, and I found "My Darling Clementine."

Everyone's memory is "shouty," Aaron.

Don
I was thinking the same movie. I guess i'll need to rent it.

Top Bottom