What's new

Need Help Deciding: Your Thoughts?

So I'm in the market for a new brush, and interested in either the Savile Row 3124 or the Shavemac 22579 (23mm knot). Any thoughts? Recommendations?

If you want good advice as to what brush might suit you, it would be helpful for you to tell us what brush(es) you have, what you like/dislike about them, whether you use mostly soaps, creams or both, face-latherer vs. bowl/mug latherer, etc...

Also, price point may be relevant and that would be useful to know - no sense in someone suggesting a Rooney finest if you're looking to spend $100.

Good idea. I currently own two brushes: an AOS pure and a Shavemac 28mm silvertip. The Shavemace is great, love the density and softness of it, hate the size; the AOS is great in size, but has very flimsy hair. I use creams (mostly T&H and TOBS), and create lather in a ceramic mug. I've never used a Savile Row, so I'm not sure how they compare to a Shavemac. I like the density and bloom of the Shavemac, and how well it creates later; however, I dislike how much lather it "sucks" up. Hope this helps.

Oh, I also like the horm imitation of the Shavemac and dislike the Ivory of Savile Row.

Well, the 2 brushes you mention should feel very similar to each (many believe Shavemac makes the Savile Row line for QED) so you should go with whatever handle you prefer.
Since you already have a big Shavemac you know how the brushes feel and perform, the 2 you mention will just do so in a much smaller knot size - a 28mm is a big brush.
23-24mm knots appear to be the sweet spot for many.

Top Bottom