What's new

Need help choosing the correct mechanical pencil...

...for #2375 Eagle Turquoise Drawing leads I came across while decluttering mom's house. Here is the leads I have -

20210216_203323.jpg
20210216_203316.jpg

And here is a mechanical pencil I am considering for use with the leads -

If you have a suggestion for a better choice of mechanical pencil please share.

Tim

For those that may be interested, attached to the stack of drafting leads was this instruction sheet on how to use a Drafting Lead Pointer.

20210216_204156.jpg

Unfortunately, I have yet to come across this accessory. Hopefully it is here somewhere.

Tim

This is really cool in a nerdy way. I’ve only recently revisited my interested in pens and pencils after many years of setting it aside. Thanks for posting the instructions sheet and good luck with your search!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the blue one you linked to. Currently using it with a hb lead and I love it. I use it for everyday writing and sometimes journals, even give it to the kids to do their homework when they can’t find their pencils.

I have that very pencil and like it very much. The fact the I can "sharpen" it with the built in sharpener in the cap is quite cool.

I suspect that brand and the pentel "graphgear" series will take you wherever you want to go in the mechanical, drafting inspired, pencil world.

Despite the efforts of my grade-school nuns in the 1950s, I never had good penmanship. At least before computers came along in the 90s, I was able to make my writing legible enough for bosses and secretaries. Since retiring in 2010, even I have a hard time reading my writing. I have loads of pens and pencils on my desk for scribbling notes, but when I need to write something I'll be able to read in a few days, I use my TWSBI Jr Pagoda .07.

I have that very pencil and like it very much. The fact the I can "sharpen" it with the built in sharpener in the cap is quite cool.

I suspect that brand and the pentel "graphgear" series will take you wherever you want to go in the mechanical, drafting inspired, pencil world.

This is all great to hear. After looking at the Caran D"ache pencil and the Staedtler Mars 780, their reviews and taking cost into consideration I decided to go with the latter.
20210228_091019.jpg

Thus far I have been really impressed with how beautifully this pencil writes.

Tim

Top Bottom