What's new

Best metal handle available for Schick Super II / Trac II cartridges ?

Hi !

Which would be the best metal handle available for these cartridges ?

I found A Taconic Shave for about US$ 26

Colonal Ichabod Conk for about US$ 14

This no brand mentioned

They look maybe slippery.

I read that Merkur used to make this handle but no more available.

Or better stick with original Schick Super II / Gillette Indian P II ?

I found the Schick Super II a little light, at least the model I got, and a head with a slightly different angle than I was used to with my Trac II razors.

I use a Bump Fighter handle now. Good heft, rubberized handle. But I don't know if they are still available.

Reactions: edw
I have one of the International Silver pewter Super II razors. I just used it last week. It is very nicely made, and the NOS blades that come with it are usually of the adjustable variety Schick made in the mid-70's. They are excellent blades.

My preference would be a Wilkinson Sword Profile Royale/Royale. However there is a UK eBay seller offering the Merkurs. Search for Merkur Design Model Twin Blade Razor. Hopefully they ship internationally.

I just ordered a White one...

Screenshot_20220629-195546_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
My preference would be a Wilkinson Sword Profile Royale/Royale. However there is a UK eBay seller offering the Merkurs. Search for Merkur Design Model Twin Blade Razor. Hopefully they ship internationally.

View attachment 1480318
Just ordered one silver and one in gold, thanks.

I'll have to forward the parcel to Brazil later as their international shipping is very expensive.

Just ordered one silver and one in gold, thanks.

I'll have to forward the parcel to Brazil later as their international shipping is very expensive.
Great score. I have one already, probably in Chrome. But at thirteen pounds it was too much of a bargain to turn down, as they are no longer produced and originally much more expensive.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

View attachment 1480318
Wow! I knew you'd come through. THAT is a beautiful razor my friend.... I must try and slip one past the lovely War Department....

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Hi !

Which would be the best metal handle available for these cartridges ?

I found A Taconic Shave for about US$ 26

Colonal Ichabod Conk for about US$ 14

This no brand mentioned

They look maybe slippery.

I read that Merkur used to make this handle but no more available.

I have a Schick Injector that has a chrome handle like the last one pictured in your post, it's the Paul Revere handle, and it isn't slippery at all. Quite hefty and stable in the hand with that swell at the bottom. If the handle you mention has some heft to it, it would work just fine.

Vintage-Schick-Paul-Revere-Injector-L5-Razor.jpg

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
There were many "compatible" versions on the market in the 1970s and 1980s, which were used as renaming giveaways.
I was lucky enough to own one and found that its removable head has a universal M5 thread.
The weight and appearance can be freely changed and it is the best choice for me.

I use raw handles when I want to keep it simple.
78397951_2686285521410334_3836833682975358976_n.jpg

When I want to be fancy, a homemade hollow brass handle with a "mosaic pin" is used.
300141252_783846939709523_1306096124055368346_n.jpg

Or the Razorock UFO handle between the futuristic streamline and the gillette ball handle.
301214288_634288028408936_4790389136358513964_n.jpg

Even a Wolfman Darwin handle can be used.
300286440_1123816321551364_4538831375362510406_n.jpg

Top Bottom