What's new

Need a new refrigerator

With appliances it is getting very difficult if not impossible to avoid buying crap. I use consumer reports. Not everybody agrees with them but I think it is a step up from gut feel.

As a bean counter . . . er . . . it really is not our fault. It seems that companies have all come to the conclusion that cheap works. There is absolutely no reason why goods produced off shore can't be of fantastic quality. Yet somehow we want a lower sticker price. I really feel this is a failure of our education system or value system. It would be really nice if we would all try to buy things that last so we don't fill landfills as quickly and perhaps leave some resources for generations of people who follow.
I agree about 90% with you. Everyone complains about Walmart coming to town and destroying local business, yet when they open the parking lot is always full. Internet buying is all about saving $$$, go to a local brick and mortar, look at what you want, then go home and order it cheaper. If Whirlpool is selling fridges for less than GE, guess who gets the biggest market share. We consumers vote with our wallets, then complain when a product is not what it used to be. Unfortunately, I'm Guilty as charged.

Top Bottom