What's new

Need a new dish washer

shavefan

I’m not a fan
We'll never buy another Samsung dishwasher. Electronics board was replaced under warranty, then a valve of some sort. A month after warranty expired something else went wrong (I can't remember exactly, it was about 5 years ago) and the part was so expensive we ended up buying another dishwasher (different brand). Needless to say I wasn't too happy with Samsung. We remodeled our kitchen 6 years ago and went with Samsung everything based on reviews/reports. Microwave had the electronics board replaced twice under warranty, holding up fine since. Stove's LCD panel is getting dodgy but otherwise works fine. Fridge is as been problem free (knocking on wood...) I'll think very hard before buying another Samsung product.

Just to let everyone know, I ended up buying a Miele G4228 (their cheapest model in the US) for $899 (they had a $100 rebate at the time). I had to pay an additional $200 to get it installed and as a result it comes with a 2 year warranty (instead of 1 year).

Overall, after 6 months of ownership, I like the machine. I only use the SaniWash setting which gets things very hot, but it does an excellent job cleaning. It does a great job drying ceramic and stoneware plates, an OK job drying stainless steel cookware and cutlery, and a poor job drying plastics.

A couple of problems and solutions:
- If the machine isn't full, depending on detergent, there can be oversudsing and one can see what appears to be a water leak on the floor. As long as the machine is full or detergent is appropriately lowered, it's not a problem.
- Because, it uses condensation drying and doesn't have a heating element, the inside of the washer stays quite damp at the end of a cycle. If the machine is closed, it develops a bad smell. The solution to this is to leave it cracked open when not in use. The bigger the crack, the better!

Top Bottom