What's new

Nate's "Trust Your Edge" Straight Journal

Nice to see you post again Nate, I knew you were so busy, and sorry that civi life is a bit tough to get used too. Looking forward to getting in touch and am so glad you and the family had such a nice Christmas!!

Nate happy to see you posting and glad you got to spend the holidays with family. Hope things mellow out for you. And welcome back

You are one blessed man, Nate.

Merry Christmas Nate, and glad you had time to swing by and post. Once things have settled down, and you think that you would like to try a straight again, we'll be here for you to make snide comments on all of the nicks and weepers:thumbup:. Welcome home my friend.

Hitting Retail at Christmastime is probably a trial by fire that would be like boot camp for your civilian life. It gets easier from here! That circle of blessings will keep with you all the days of your life now that you are home from the sea.

nice to see you back posting again Nate, hopefully things start to calm down on the retail front for you. have a Happy New Year.

Hey Nate! Awesome that you finally got to spend Christmas with your entire family!! :thumbup:

The adjustment from military to civilian life will definitely start to get better now that the Holiday Season is concluding. Glad to see a post from you! And nice new firearms, BTW.

Glad to see you are locked and loaded for the New Year! :thumbup: Sounds like you had a truly joyous Christmas Holiday!

Good to see you check in. I hope the new year allows you to relax and breath a little. Nothing like hitting the range to bring focus and order to the otherwise hectic life, enjoy!

Hey Nate! Glad to see your post and hopefully things will settle down a bit. Cool new additions to the arsenal - that Sig Sauer .380 is a nice shooting handgun for sure and perfect for a concealed carry firearm.

My thoughts exactly.

Good luck with the adjustment. Glad to see you back. :)

Thank you guys so very much and it is definitely an amazing feeling to be getting back into the swing of things and starting to adjust to civilian life. There is a lot going on right now with the Family with medical and emotional issues that I am very blessed to be present to help address.

I must say that my second cousin and my youngest boy are definitely 2 peas in a pod though and with the emotional issues she has had in the past few years I think it is a blessing above all to have him there to lean on and draw positive reinforcement from as well.

I have to say that my Sig Sauer P238 is definitely one of the front runners for top spot on my first line carry choice. Very accurate and extremely safe on all aspects as well. The funnest one to shoot however is of course the Ruger SP 101 .357 Mag, that thing is a monster and I love shooting it.

Tonight was yet another amazing Straight Razor Shave to start the New Year Off Right:

Straight Shave # 241 : "New Year, New Life"

The Weapons Of Choice:

The Strop: T.M. Old No.2 2 3/8" Bridal: 40/80 Cotton/Leather.
The Prep: Normal Shower and Conditioner Prep.
The Brush: Davy the newest Handmade Brush
The Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th.
The Razor: "The Veteran" (8th Shave on The Original Edge).
The Post: Fine Green Vetiver.
The Maintenance: A good wipe clean and drying of blade and scales and 40/40 Cotton/Leather on the T.M.

This Evening's Thought's:

Had a Spectacular shave this evening after a wonderful Day with the Family out and about visiting Oatman for some wild west fun and food and then off to Laughlin Navada to the Boot Barn for the first new hats me and the Missus have bought in the past 17 years. Got a pair of really nice Justin hats and will be back tomorrow to have my "Old Trusty" Renegade by Stetson reshaped and firmed up as well. Also found a fantastic Duster that I wil be picking up with some new boots to top off the set.

Shave/Results :

A BBS Shave tonight for sure albeit as stated above I did get a couple weepers from being out of practice. I kind of expected that though, especially with The Veteran having that lethal point to it LOL:tongue_sm

Wishing Each and Every One of you a spectacular Year ahead and all the fortune the stars can provide my Friends

This Evening's Hardware/Software Selection:

$20170102_183341 (2).jpg

First Time out with the Sig: 57 Rounds at 25 yards and even got the "North and South Pole" Shots in as well:thumbup:
$20161208_151716-1.jpg

That is one SaaaWeeet razor Nate. I am happy to hear you are back in the saddle again, new hat, duster and boots too.

Way to welcome the "0" "17" my friend.

WELCOME BACK NATE!!!!. Nice Grouping and I hope the Burros in Oatman Greeted you for the new year, LOL You have been missed around here, and hopefully we will see more of you. Great Shave and photo to get back inot the swing of things!!

Good to have you back!!

Happy New Year and welcome back Nate! I had a Sig Sauer P226(iirc) 9mm about 20 years ago and loved it, but found a S&W .357 that I loved even more a couple years later lol.

Great New Years shave with some excellent hardware and software! :thumbup:

That is one SaaaWeeet razor Nate. I am happy to hear you are back in the saddle again, new hat, duster and boots too.

Way to welcome the "0" "17" my friend.

Thank you Very much Chris and I am chomping at the Bit to get a steady rhythm going to get this year off to a right nice start as well:thumbup1:

WELCOME BACK NATE!!!!. Nice Grouping and I hope the Burros in Oatman Greeted you for the new year, LOL You have been missed around here, and hopefully we will see more of you. Great Shave and photo to get back inot the swing of things!!

Good to have you back!!

Very glad to be back my Friend and now that the nightmare of retail Christmas is mostly overwith hopefully I can get a decent battle rhythm down on the follicle removal therapy:thumbup1:

Happy New Year and welcome back Nate! I had a Sig Sauer P226(iirc) 9mm about 20 years ago and loved it, but found a S&W .357 that I loved even more a couple years later lol.

Great New Years shave with some excellent hardware and software! :thumbup:

Thanks Eric and I have to agree, one of the funnest guns to shoot is indeed the .357 Magnum, lots of recoil and a boatload of stopping power to boot:thumbup1:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Let's not forget the GP100! No matter what else I shoot or buy, it's still my go to gun. Almost an addiction is the .357!

Nothing at all wrong with a Sig Sauer. Personally, I would prefer it in a 357 Sig caliber, but that is splitting hairs (only because I load my own, and ammo cost is not as significant). I love that razor Nate!

Welcome home Brother! Great shave and looks like great mechanicals on your 25 yd groupings. I haul around a Glock 17 that hasn't failed me for many thousands of rounds, but before that I had a Ruger Security 6 that was your Ruger's great Grandpa. Excellent makers of holes in paper. Ohio is nice in that I don't necessarily have to carry concealed with my license, the 17 is a little big for my small bottom to cover up. I just wear a jacket or vest over my rig. My conceal is a little Walther p22 with a Laser sight. I am banking on placement and intimidation with the little fella.

Nice touch to nail the North and South poles on that target! :thumbup: I am very happy to welcome you back!

Well Gentlemen, it would appear that we have some new digs, I really do appologize for being away for so long at a stretch. I have been working over 40 hours a week now so lots of time at work coupled with trying to figure out what the future holds now that I have my Disability Rating set, (And it is very High as I told Dave Off line), I am not sure I will even be permitted to work at all with that high of a disability rating but I am going to fight tooth and nail to either be 100% and paid for it or at least be able to work part time to have something to do.

Wanted to post an UPDATE on the SNAG so here It Be:

proxy.php

LOL So Hopefully things will get back to normal soon. Wishing you all a very great first quarter of the New Year and miss you all very much.

Sincerely,
Nate

Top Bottom