What's new

N. Metro Atl. Meetup: testing the waters

Great meetup, guys! I learned alot and will be better prepared for the next meetup. Also met the nicest bunch of guys. Didn't get to see the Shoe-hat, though. Maybe next time. It was a lot of fun! Those that didn't make it missed a beautiful day at the furnace.

It was great to meet you too! Good food, good company, and straight razors. It don't get much better than that.

About 3.5 to Atlanta. 4 if you do the speed limit. 27 if you hit ATL at rush hour.

:lol::lol::lol:

Got to smell some soaps and aftershaves I hadn't tried.

La toja - :thumbup1:

Speick - not for me

Tabac - Not the polarizing scent I was expecting. I liked it ok, nothing special.

English Leather AS(vintage)- DEFINITELY not for me

Timberline AS(vintage)- Good stuff

Wind Drift AS(vintage)- Good stuff

Apparently those 3 AS came in a gift package together in the 70s or so. I came home with the Timberline, and tried to get the Wind Drift too but Tele wouldn't give it up. :glare: He did give me the La Toja stick as a consolation prize though. :thumbup:

It was great to meet you too! Good food, good company, and straight razors. It don't get much better than that.

:lol::lol::lol:

La toja - :thumbup1:

Speick - not for me

Tabac - Not the polarizing scent I was expecting. I liked it ok, nothing special.

English Leather AS(vintage)- DEFINITELY not for me

Timberline AS(vintage)- Good stuff

Wind Drift AS(vintage)- Good stuff

Apparently those 3 AS came in a gift package together in the 70s or so. I came home with the Timberline, and tried to get the Wind Drift too but Tele wouldn't give it up. :glare: He did give me the La Toja stick as a consolation prize though. :thumbup:

i got a rock...

Me, to. Agreed that the Tabac isn't for me. Doesn't smell like I thought it would based on the name. The Speick didn't seem to have much of a smell at all to me.

My wife love the GFT Sandalwood sample y'all sent home with me. She wants me to get some more. I did like what it did to my face after my shave when I got home, so it goes on the list.

Oh, and SWMBO didn't do too much damage to me shoe shopping yesterday. Bought 3 pairs of dress shoes for work on sale and had a 20% off coupon on top of that!

Sorry that I could not make it, gents. I had car issues in the form of a blown heater hose. I spent my day tracking down a replacement hose and making the repair instead of meeting up with you all. Looks like I missed a good time!

Sorry that I could not make it, gents. I had car issues in the form of a blown heater hose. I spent my day tracking down a replacement hose and making the repair instead of meeting up with you all. Looks like I missed a good time!

We are wanting to have another one in a few months and hopefully more people can come.

Top Bottom