What's new

N. Metro Atl. Meetup: testing the waters

A couple of us have discussed a meetup sometime this spring.

Red Top Mountain/Lake Allatoona seems central enough for the local members that i'm aware of (Rome area - Alpharetta W-E, Rome - ATL N-S)

Date: TBD

Ideas/input appreciated.

I'm in.

March 12 or April 9 would be the two best days for me. I could probably make it on a few other days though.

Subscribing to this thread. I'll do my best to make it, but it seems like our hectic family schedule changes from moment to moment. Sounds like it will be a good time!

Bump

It's looking like we've got 6 interested. it's a shame the Georgia social group is gone, i have a feeling this would get more traffic there

I met Tele today in real life and he is not that scary! (OK, maybe a little :lol:)

I know we have more Georgia guys on here!

I don't live in the area anymore, but Grew up in the Accasaw region (Acworth/Kennesaw for those unfamiliar) and graduated from North Cobb HS. Cooper Furnace is a great place for day use; far less crowded than Red Top and you have trail access to The Allatoona Dam.

Thought I'd offer some insight in case some weren't familiar with the site.

I don't live in the area anymore, but Grew up in the Accasaw region (Acworth/Kennesaw for those unfamiliar) and graduated from North Cobb HS. Cooper Furnace is a great place for day use; far less crowded than Red Top and you have trail access to The Allatoona Dam.

Thought I'd offer some insight in case some weren't familiar with the site.

Thanks Ginsu, it's looking like that'll end up being the place.

I personally like hiking up the mountain (can't remember which one it is ATM) and picking the wild muscadines :thumbup1:

Yes indeed. It's a great spot for that. We used to hike a lot and there were some good rock formations along the way that made for good bouldering practice.

Alright that's 3 definite "yes"-es, so it's not just gonna be me and mike playing with brushes at checkers again :lol::lol::lol:

it's up to y'all if we're doing a potluck or just byo i know i'll at least be bringing a cooler with cokes, possibly a mini-grill and some hotdogs (i like to eat :lol:)

Oh and I'll likely be bringing stuff for trades too :thumbup1:

I'm all for cooking out.

They probably have grills there, but if they don't I can throw the weber in the back of the truck. Just something simple like burgers and dogs and chips, maybe some baked beans or something.

Top Bottom