What's new

My wrist stinks

I'll try freezing it.

A second watch would only solve the stink in the non work times. Other watch would still stink. I'll see if I can find a rubber like strap.

Freezing does not kill germs. It just stops them from spreading. Once it warms up it starts all over again.

I like the NATO bands. I thought about it some more ans a rubber type band will cause problems. I deal with a lot of dirty sandy stuff and I can see that being an issue with a rubber type band. I have never had an issue with the leather bands and things irritating my skin just stinky.

Never thought about the Alum. I'll order a NATO band and use the alum. Thanks for the advice. Now, the hard decision; ZULU or RAF?:001_smile

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Freezing does not kill germs. It just stops them from spreading. Once it warms up it starts all over again.

If the germs are cold, they don't sweat as much and so they produce less odor. Hot sweaty germs stink the worst. This fact is quite obvious.

Sweat and leather don't mix well. You should go to a Renaissance fair when its hot out. Makes someone not chosen covered with the Veg smell absolutely charming.

Do you literally need it on your wrist when working? Hook it to your belt loop when you go out to work in the heat. May sound weird, but I bet you could get used to it pretty quickly.

Plus, working outside insinuates heavy machinery. It's safer not to wear any jewelry like watches or rings around that kind of equipment. Take your rings off, put your watch on your belt loop, and wear proper PPE.

Last edited:
No heavy machinery. When I worked on boats I did not wear my watch. Our business has transitioned to boat storage, with some commercial rentals. but I am still outside, doing maintenance and cleaning around the yard and in storage units. On my wrist is not a big deal and there is no danger. I wore my watch on my belt loop once and I kept getting hung up on things as I was tearing down an old machine shop we had on the property. That got pretty irritating and once, pretty scary. If it is on my wrist it is covered by the work gloves.

Is a 22mm watch band the width of the band or the width of where it hooks to the watch?

Is a 22mm watch band the width of the band or the width of where it hooks to the watch?
A watch band advertised as 22mm, or a watch user guide indicating that a 22mm band is required for replacement should refer to the lug width where the watch band attaches to the watch. Some leather and metal bands are tapered so that width under the wrist at the buckle/clasp is more narrow.

Top Bottom