What's new

My Visit to Pasteur's In New York City

I've been meaning to post these pics for a while. Pasteur's has two stores in New York, one uptown at 63rd Street and Lexington and another downtown (I think 34th street). These are pics of the uptown store, which has quite a nice selection of soaps, creams, and even Simpson brushes.

That's my mom for scale!

Are they located next to the bankruptcy court? Wow, great pics of a wonderful selection. Talk about a candy store...

Randy

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
With all of those goodies, I'm surprised you didn't say, "That's my mom for sale." :lol:

The Lexington shop has a smidge more on display that the one on 34th. You missed their selection of Musgo, Coates, and a few others. One of my favorite stores. :thumbup1:

Thanks for posting those.....that's really amazing. Wish we had a place like that here in the ATL........of course, I'd be broke half the time if that were the case.
Need to road trip to NYC I guess.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
ALL those Simpson brushes....I wonder how much they get handled? I would have trouble restraining myself from opening every one of them....

:001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1:

We have a trip planned to NYC in early December!! Just added one more destination to my list! Thanks for posting!

When I first saw the pictures, I thought I was back in Ron's Imperial Shave Shack!!:biggrin:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The pics are great, but I don't think they capture just how small and cramped that place is. Look at the 12" floor tiles- those aisles are only three feet wide, and you can't spend more than 30 seconds before you have to move to allow someone to pass. Some of the items are on shelves so high you can't even see them.
How we suffer for our art. :lol:

Definately don't have a store like that here in Oregon, need one though. Have they got a web site that you can order from.

Clayton

Yup. Cramped as anything. And yup, every 30 seconds you have to squeeze out of the way of someone. Because in BOTH locations, they manage to have the shaving supplies on the aisle that leads to the pharmacy counter. But those pictures also don't even do justice to the selection. I love the place. Some of those pictures also might be close enough up to read the price tags. If so, you would notice that the prices are usually equivalent to the cheapest online prices. One of the 3 things I will miss about New York when I leave in a couple of weeks.

-Mo

I now live in CA but have friends and family in Manhattan and this would be the MAIN reason I would go and visit them. :wink2:

Those were some GREAT pics! Since I'm fairly new to this ADDICTION, I have never even seen a Shaving Store and my little sister lives off of E 72 st. I could have sprinted to the store and walked a cart back. Can't wait to check it out.

:thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

My god. How did I miss this when you first posted this?! That is the most beautiful thing I've seen since I got back from Yosemite.

Lemme see.... which would win in a fist fight: 3,000,000 year old cliffs and valleys, 3,000 y/o trees and amazing swimming holes everywhere you look or Pasteur's In New York City?

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure Pasteur's would beat Yosemite into a bloody pulp!

Thanks for the pics!

Top Bottom