What's new

My Three New Aftershaves From Stirling

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I ordered Arkadia and Campania and changed my mind about the Campania and had Stiling take it off of the order. I didn't care for the Arkadia. The Akadia grew on me. I like the dry down. It smells floral to me. A light floral. I don't usually do floral scents, but I like this one. I'll see how it works in the summer months. Ih yeah, back to the Campania. I took this off of the order because I read a post saying it was floral. Well..... I figured a sample size shouldn't be bad if I don't like it, and guess what? I guessed it. I like it! I ordered this with Deep Blue Sea because of what I read about the description and review's and guess what. I didn't like. Go figure, right. Oh well.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Glad they all worked out! Buying “blind” can be tough. I have many stirling flavors but none of these three.

Stirling doesn't market their eau de toilettes as shaving products
but if you should ever find yourself wishing that their aftershave smell would last longer,
that's what they're for.

I ordered Arkadia and Campania and changed my mind about the Campania and had Stiling take it off of the order. I didn't care for the Arkadia. The Akadia grew on me. I like the dry down. It smells floral to me. A light floral. I don't usually do floral scents, but I like this one. I'll see how it works in the summer months. Ih yeah, back to the Campania. I took this off of the order because I read a post saying it was floral. Well..... I figured a sample size shouldn't be bad if I don't like it, and guess what? I guessed it. I like it! I ordered this with Deep Blue Sea because of what I read about the description and review's and guess what. I didn't like. Go figure, right. Oh well.
Arkadia is their Terre d'Hermes dupe right? Interesting that you get light floral from it, makes me think I need to go back and check it out (I think I still have a sample bottle somewhere).

Arkadia is their Terre d'Hermes dupe right? Interesting that you get light floral from it, makes me think I need to go back and check it out (I think I still have a sample bottle somewhere).
Yup. Terre d’Hermes.

I love it but get more wood (cedar/sandalwood) and a bit of citrus.

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I've tried Terre d'Hermes and Arkadia didn't smell at all like Terre d'Hermes to me.

I've tried Terre d'Hermes and Arkadia didn't smell at all like Terre d'Hermes to me.
Interesting. I almost wonder if you got a mislabeled one, to me it was definitely a TdH vibe and I don’t think I got floral. But light floral sounds nice to be honest, I’ve been wanting something like that…

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
Interesting. I almost wonder if you got a mislabeled one, to me it was definitely a TdH vibe and I don’t think I got floral. But light floral sounds nice to be honest, I’ve been wanting something like that…
After it dries down for awhile, but not at the initial application. I've come to like it, but it still dosen't smell like Terre d'Hermes to me at all. The Terre d'Hermes I tried in Nordstrom's had a definate orange note to it. To me Arkadia dosen't.

TdH comes in both an EdT and parfume. The EdT is a lighter, more orange - the parfume more wood, flint, and patchouli. I love the parfume in cold winter months. Both are complex scents that won't translate well into a soap or AS dupe. Arkadia, like all Stirling dupes, are are decent approximations IMO.

Top Bottom