What's new

My Thoughts Opinions On Proraso Red Soap

I love Proraso red. The scent is just ok for me, but the performance is definitely top tier. There's something about Sandalwood oil that really agrees with my skin. I always feel like my skin looks clearer and more balanced right after I shave with this one, much like the old AoS Sandalwood that had the same effect.

The Proraso tubs definitely are great soaps for those of us with sensitive skin. Proraso is always my go to when I have to shave for something important. I am itching to try Tabac though.

A year on from the OP, we now have the new SUPER FORMULA Proraso Red. :001_wub:

SOTD-Y2_2020-02-19.jpg

I thought the original Red was great. The new Red is GREATER THAN GREAT! :punk:

I got mine here in the UK. I don't think it's arrived in the US yet.

Sooooo ... how does it compare to the original?
(I'm glad to say) the scent is the same Tim, but EVERYTHING ELSE IS IMPROVED. :cornut:

I use alum on my free hand fingers to make them sticky for skin stretching in places. The first time I used the Super Formula (and many times after that) my sticky fingers slid straight off my skin. I'm currently upping my technique for that issue, but it's a good problem to have (IMO).

(I'm glad to say) the scent is the same Tim, but EVERYTHING ELSE IS IMPROVED. :cornut:

I use alum on my free hand fingers to make them sticky for skin stretching in places. The first time I used the Super Formula (and many times after that) my sticky fingers slid straight off my skin. I'm currently upping my technique for that issue, but it's a good problem to have (IMO).

Can’t wait to try it.

I found one at TJ Maxx for $4. I always loved the green and now I love the red, too. The scent is great sandalwood, unlike the flowery ToBS. I had to power through that tub.

Proraso Red is probably my favorite of the main lineup. Green used to be one of my favorite scents, and I still love it, but now that I've tried all four of them, it probably comes in last: red, white/blue tied, then green. I kind of think the lather I get with the Red soap is better than the other flavors too. It could be the shea butter, it could be my imagination; who knows!

isnt tabac more popular in europe?

Tabac is a German brand. I expect you'd be able to get it anywhere in Germany. In the Netherlands, neighbouring country, you may find Tabac in the some shops, but usually not the puck. The puck that is ubiquitous is "De Vergulde Hand", which is half the price of Tabac (I think Tabac's a much nicer soap).
I have seen Proraso in a shop in one of our cities, never locally. In Italy that would, ofcourse, be different.
In France, especially in the West, you would find a cheap soap called "La Cigalle" (A+) or Monsavon (hated the smell, the lather plus it gave me a rash).
Europe is still a diverse place ;)

Top Bottom