What's new

My special Noodlers acquisition

As many of you know, I'm getting ready to deploy (2 weeks and counting). I recently got interested in Fountain Pens and got my first one, a Shakespeare, from Benton Clay. I love it and I was looking for more pens and ink to take with me for writing letters back home.

I found the Noodlers page and was checking them out, since they came so highly recommended here at B&B. I sent them an email inquiry about a few of their items. I got an email back from Dick Egolf, president of Luxury Brands. He said that I had given him a chance to do something he had wanted to do, but hadn't yet found the avenue. He said as a thank you for my service, and hopes of a safe return from deployment, he would hook me up with whatever I wanted.

I was shocked and pleasantly surprised. I told him that my three favorite colors were black, green, and purple, and that I was specifically interested in G.I Green and Kung Te-Cheng inks.

He said that he did not stock Kung Te-Cheng, as it was an ink made specially for our friends at Goulet Pens. He said he would have them send me one of those bottles of inks and he would send me a package of goodies.

When his package arrived a few days later I was amazed by the size and weight of it. Then when I went through it, I could not believe everything he sent me. Below is a list and pictures of everything he sent me.

Pens
Conway Stewart Leather 40 Pen Case
"Nib Creaper" Ebonite feed ball pen, Red
"Nib Creaper" Ebonite feed ball pen, Black
Piston Fill Resin Pen, #2 nib, Blue
Piston Fill Resin Pen, #2 nib, Yellow
Flex Nib Ahab Pen, Blue (Not yet released for sale)
Flex Nib Ahab Pen, Clear (Not yet released for sale)
Platinum Plaisir, Medium, Black
Platinum Plaisir, Medium, Green
Platinum Plaisir, Medium, Violet
Platinum President, 18k Medium, Blue
10 Pk Platinum Preppy, Fine, Black

proxy.php

4.5 Oz Ink Bottles
Heart of Darkness
Came with converted eyedropper Platinum Preppy w/ interchangeable rollerball tip

Dragons Napalm
Came with orange eyedropper fountain pen

Kung Te-Cheng
Came with converted eyedropper Platinum Preppy fountain pen, interchangeable rollerball tip, and an eyedropper brush pen

proxy.php

3 Oz Ink Bottles
Borealis Black
La Couleur Royale
Midway Blue
G.I. Green
North African Violet
Air-Corp Blue-Black
Purple

proxy.php

2 – 10 Pk Platinum Ink Cartridges, Black
Platinum Converter x4

proxy.php

Platinum Mix-Free Package Set
Includes 9 - 60ml ink bottles and mixing kit so I can make my own custom colors.

proxy.php

I was very honored to received this gift and I am humbled by his gesture. I am very excited to used these pens and try out the inks and know that they will help me pass the time, when I have down-time, in Afghanistan.

A Big THANKS to Luxury Brands/Noodlers and Goulet Pens!

Last edited:
That is great to hear that you recieved such a gift. I pray for your safety while you are deployed, for a quick return home.
I want to thank you for serving your country so proudly.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
You will be writing letters for a long time with all that gear! What a wonderful gesture from Luxury, and that President is quite a pen . . . really very special.

Thanks again for your service Vez.

Thanks guys. Upon seeing all this gear, my wife said, "So, you're actualy going to write me letters, right?"

Yes, I'll be writing lots of letters. And I know that this stuff will last me a very very long time. Some of this will have to remain home, I don't think I'll have room to take it all with me. I'm sure I'll take all or most of the pens, but choosing what inks to take with me will be a challenge. I need to start packing my bags to see how much space I have left for "other stuff" like shaving supplies and pens!

Load up each color in a preppy, see what you like the best, and leave those at home. That way of something happens, you won't lose your fave ink. Good luck in the sandbox, hopefully the most exciting thing that happens is trying to use all those pens. Nice to see such a generous gesture. Maybe we can turn the phrase "that's a Dick move" into meaning something positive lol. Be safe.

That is great to hear that you recieved such a gift. I pray for your safety while you are deployed, for a quick return home.
I want to thank you for serving your country so proudly.

+1000

That's an awesome gift, and here's hoping you return both quickly and safely. We look forward to your return

Thank you, from a vet to an active duty member

You could supply your entire squad with enough supplies to write letters home for the entire deployment with that haul!

Great to see the generosity towards a member of the military - especially one about to deploy.

You'll have to let us know how you like the Ahabs - you may be the first member to own one (two actually!).

Good luck, keep your head down and come back safe!

Forgot to say KJ.... from one vet to active... keep your head down.. update us from the sandbox... and come home safe !!! Thanks for your service from a very grateful nation !!!

You'll have to let us know how you like the Ahabs - you may be the first member to own one (two actually!).

I overlooked that, yeah, the Ahabs, I may have to gets me one. Let us know. Matter of fact, fill one of those first lol.

Forgot to say KJ.... from one vet to active... keep your head down.. update us from the sandbox... and come home safe !!! Thanks for your service from a very grateful nation !!!

Thanks, I'll definitely be staying in touch. I think I'll have decent internet over there. I'd go crazy without a B&B Fix.

Top Bottom