What's new

my sampler pack came in

any thoughs bout these. which ones you be good for a beginning wetshaver. i mean sharp but good on sensitive skin
lord platinum
derby premium
astra superior
platinum
gillette platinum
sharp 7 am plus
personna platinum
voskshod
astra superior platinum
shark dorco
bolzano superinox\
shark chrome
treet platinum
derby extra
wilkinsons sword
and feather

Gilette platinum would be my start from this list being sharp out of the wrapper

Some like the derby premium get better on the second shave

Astra SP or Gillette Platinum to start with.

A suggestion. Decide on some criteria for evaluating and take notes. You'll be glad you did. I picked up a sample pack, shaved with them. Didn't take notes ended up without a clear indication of who was what. So doing the evaluation over taking notes this time. Have fun!

I’m in the same boat as you: beginner wetshaver (2.5 months), sensitive skin, working through a blade sample pack. Also have very tough beard hair.

Out of the blades on your list that I’ve tried, the ones that worked best for me are Personna Platinum, Astra Superior Stainless and Feather. Personna was the best of them all. YMMV of course.

I’ve also found that a cold water shave really reduces irritation on my neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gillette platinum and the Astra SP would be my choice out of this pack too bad they didn't include the Nacet's

From where did you purchase (and what is the name of the pack)? Seems like a LOT of different blades. I bought a 16 brand sampler from Amazon, which I thought was large.

I am making a wall display comprised of as many tucks as possible!

6DB79918-86E4-4C06-8A29-79655636689E.jpeg

not sure what you should use first and there are some solid suggestions.... I would definitely save the feather for much later... get your technique down first ... it's a very sharp blade that will give you a great shave when you are ready

Top Bottom