What's new

My restorations!

Hey guys,

I figured i would start this thread with all my restore projects.

I've posted a few pics before in another thread but i will continue to post all new restores here.

Here is my latest brush! I had to open up the hole because i wanted to fit a 26mm knot.... The thing is HUGE!!
I did an initial palm lathering and the knot bloomed sooo much and it's very soft.
Can't wait to give it a try!!

Attachments

• $bbb.jpg
    $bbb.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 523
  • $bbbb.jpg
    $bbbb.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 521
  • $bbbbb.jpg
    $bbbbb.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 521
  • $bbbbbb.jpg
    $bbbbbb.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 522
Last edited:
Here are my others!

Attachments

• $Rubberset2.jpg
    $Rubberset2.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 523
  • $Restore1.jpg
    $Restore1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 523
I learned the hard way that the ever ready brushes don't have much depth to the imprint.

Yup... I put the paint in before I sanded the brush to make sure I wouldn't make the lettering more shallow and I still wasn't able to get it perfect. Its kinda annoying... but I figure it gives it a more vintage look.

Here is my latest project.

It's an ever-ready 300 with lucite handle.

The lettering was really tough on this one... It was so shallow that i was barely able to get anything in there. In the end, the lettering actually turned out pretty cool and gave the brush an old school look.

I sanded the lucite from 320 up to 2500 and and then polished with Meguiars ultimate compound to shine her up!.
I got the idea from another thread to stick something in the handle so that it can be seen from the bottom and i decided to give it a try. At 1st it was really tough separating the handle in two (there's actually a thread about that). Once done i set the "button" with some epoxy and let it settle. Once cured i fit the knot (24mm TGN finest) and the brush was ready to got!

Hope you like it!

Attachments

• $photo 1.jpg
    $photo 1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 477
  • $photo 2.jpg
    $photo 2.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 480
  • $photo 3.jpg
    $photo 3.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 481
  • $photo 4.jpg
    $photo 4.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 480
Very nice restorations. You also reminded me that I haven't used my C&E Sienna in a long while. Need to dig it out for tomorrow!

Its been a while but here is my latest one.
24mm virginia sheng finest knot.

Attachments

• $green ever ready Virginia Sheng.jpg
    $green ever ready Virginia Sheng.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 371
  • $green ever ready virginia sheng 3.jpg
    $green ever ready virginia sheng 3.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 371
  • $green ever ready virginia sheng 2.jpg
    $green ever ready virginia sheng 2.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 369
Top Bottom